Wiiflow hangs at the loading game screen when starting a game

VideoGameBoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime i start up a game in Wiiflow, it hangs on the Wiiflow loading screen, as seen in the example below.

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Go to any game that is on your USB drive or SD Card
  2. Click on the game
  3. Click on the Play Button
  4. It shows that its loading, but it never finishes.
What version of WiiFlow Lite
v5.5.1

On Wii or Wii U vWii
Wii

Additional context
I only got it to work ONE time, and that was with Wii Sports and after redownloading the cIOSes. But, after restarting the Wii, even after reinstalling the cIOSes over and over again, it still wouldn’t work.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

wiiflow reads games on SD (FAT32), try to put your games on your SD and launch wiiflow??

avoid USB keys on the wii U (problem of power supply of USB ports)

Recommend ==> external hard drive with a Y-cable or a separate power supply (electrical)

What version of CIOS are you using at the moment??

if you want, you can try version 4.2.1 (it's up to you) ==>https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/#TOC-Downloads

Last edited by jeannotte,

VideoGameBoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

wiiflow reads games on SD (FAT32), try to put your games on your SD and launch wiiflow??

avoid USB keys on the wii U (problem of power supply of USB ports)

Recommend ==> external hard drive with a Y-cable or a separate power supply (electrical)

What version of CIOS are you using at the moment??

if you want, you can try version 4.2.1 (it's up to you) ==>https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/#TOC-Downloads
So using 4.2.1 worked, but i just need cheats. But since the geckocodes website is gone, how can i get the cheats?

Coltonmyers

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So using 4.2.1 worked, but i just need cheats. But since the geckocodes website is gone, how can i get the cheats?
Edit: the wiiflow/Nintendont mastermod on the r/WiiHacks Reddit has the codes folder ready with every gecko code that exists. Search up "Wiiflow 4.2.3 Nintendont mastermod pack Full 2016" on Google. Replace your codes folder in your Wiiflow folder with the one in that download.

You need to get the txt files as a redump. A few people have posted some in forums and have every cheat for every wii and gamecube game. You just extract those individual game files containing the cheats into the codes folder inside your wiiflow folder on your SD, but NOT inside the 2 folders in the codes folder. They should all be text files. Turn on ocarina in wiiflow and then when you are looking at a game, head to settings and go under the cheat selection. To make sure cheats are working, check a game that has guaranteed cheats like smash bros. If it says you have no cheats, you've put the codes in the wrong folder or have done something else wrong.

Last edited by Coltonmyers,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk