Wiiflow Dont see harddrive all the sudden

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by jligg, Jan 12, 2011.

1. jligg
    OP

jligg Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2011
    United States
    Hi i have 4.3u wii with ciosx r21 and hermes installed..my drive is ntfs ... Coulpe days ago i put about 10 of my backups on the drive and worked perfect every day..Today i went and put about another 20 backups on my drive and now when i load
    wiiflow it tells me that that my hdd isnt pluged in , to plug it into port zero..then ill unplug it and plug back in and the wii locks up and i have to power down...Any idea why it would do this..it was working perfect just the other day and i made no changes. Using backupmanager to load the games to my drive..when pluged into pc the drive doesnt have any errors or anything..i reformatted and that did nothing. I also deleted the wiiflow cache and settings.ini and still nothing.

2. EmbraceFiction

EmbraceFiction GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    Try plugging the drive in as you boot up your Wii.

I have this problem, I just wait for the HDD to start spinning before I try and start my channel.
    I use CFG Loader though, I tried Wii Flow, but it just wasn't for me. So I went with CFG Loader.

Hope this helps.

3. Crackerboy

Crackerboy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2008
    United States
    I don't want to hijack the thread...but I'm working on the same issue only I am fat32. It worked for a bit and then I downloaded all the covers..and now it doesn't see any games. I tried starting from scratch with re-softmodding the box and putting a fresh install of wiiflow down and got nowhere.

It just says it can't find any games and wants me to select a partition.

4.1u / Seagate 2tb GoFlex

4. EmbraceFiction

Dec 26, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    They recommend that you use a HDD that is smaller than 1-2tb, they cause problems based on their massive size.

Try a different HDD.

5. bazamuffin

bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

Feb 1, 2009
    Shmashmortion Clinic
    Have you got a wiiflow.ini file in your apps/wiiflow folder? That could do with deleting too if so. I had the same problem when using a WD My Passport Essentials 500gb and its apparently due to the long spin up time. I just deleted EVERYTHING and did a clean install of Wiiflow and it seems to have solved the problem. What size/type of drive are you using?

I also found rev20b to be quicker than rev21, but thats just me. Other people may disagree

6. EmbraceFiction

Dec 26, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    I have always found rev 21 to be the fastest;
    Though this is still just my opinion.

7. bazamuffin

bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

Feb 1, 2009
    Shmashmortion Clinic

Haha, how many arguements have there been regarding peoples fave cIOS?

8. jligg
    OP

jligg Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2011
    United States
    My drive is a maxtor one touch III..its just a 300 gig..im gonna have to just start fresh

9. EmbraceFiction

Dec 26, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    Well;

Everyone has a personal favorite, hah.

10. jligg
    OP

jligg Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2011
    United States
    The thing is ..its always worked perfect..never have to reset it or unplug and plug back in..its always worked..All i did was add some more games to it and no go

11. jligg
    OP

jligg Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2011
    United States
    Got it fixed..I ran system check and there is a stub in my ios249..found out my dam kids got a just dance 2 original and put it in and did the update..sorry for the inconvenience fellas