Hacking WiiFlow crashed; can no longer alter most files in HDD. Need help!

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
That's actually one of the things I always change in the settings while I'm in wiiflow, but I noticed it wasn't set to "wiiflow" in the ini itself. That wasn't what was causing the problem though. It was the "native controls=yes" option that was prohibiting the function from working. It's also what was causing my wiimote to stay on whenever I played a GC game (I noticed it staying on, with all 4 lights on, before I disabled the native controls thing.) I'm not sure if there are benefits to using the native controls option, but considering this issues it causes, I'm going to leave it off for now.

A bit off-topic, but I was wondering if you might know anything about where to find the save files for VC games? I was playing an injected rom (Earthbound) on my emunand, but before I installed your masterpack, I took all my old files off the drive first (wiiflow, nand folder, etc) so there wouldn't be any conflicts. Because of that, my saves went with it. Since I still have all those old files saved on my PC, is it possible for me to transfer my VC saves to my current USB drive? If so, how do I go about doing that? To put it simply, I just want to transfer my VC saves from one drive to another, essentially. If that's possible.

As always, thanks again for all the help :).
glad you figured out the cause, Native controls is meant to improve the response of GC controller since it uses them without emulation. Only GC controllers works here, so that's why wiimote will not respond.
As for VC saves you need to know the ID4 of your wad and convert it to hex then copy the folder having the same hex name from your old emunand to the new one
read more about this here: https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/savegame-manager-gx
all those hex folders should be found in /title/00010000/

Reactions: Alacres

Alacres

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
glad you figured out the cause, Native controls is meant to improve the response of GC controller since it uses them without emulation. Only GC controllers works here, so that's why wiimote will not respond.
As for VC saves you need to know the ID4 of your wad and convert it to hex then copy the folder having the same hex name from your old emunand to the new one
read more about this here: https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/savegame-manager-gx
all those hex folders should be found in /title/00010000/

Thanks, I'll give that a shot!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.