Hacking Wiiflow and NTFS

polyjay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm new to USB loaders (and to posting on this site), but I installed Wiiflow 2.2rc1 and ran it through HBC and have some problems.

Will it run games from a NTFS hard drive? I didn't make any partitions and just used the hard drive as it came out of the box. I keep getting a Exception (ISI) occurred, and I'm not sure what the problem is. Maybe the directory for the games is wrong (I put the iso under the root folder, a ntfs folder, and a wbfs folder).

I'm using a Iomega eGo if that helps.

Thanks guys!

EmbraceFiction

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
polyjay said:
So I'm new to USB loaders (and to posting on this site), but I installed Wiiflow 2.2rc1 and ran it through HBC and have some problems.

Will it run games from a NTFS hard drive? I didn't make any partitions and just used the hard drive as it came out of the box. I keep getting a Exception (ISI) occurred, and I'm not sure what the problem is. Maybe the directory for the games is wrong (I put the iso under the root folder, a ntfs folder, and a wbfs folder).

Thanks guys!

Re-format your HDD to FAT32, It will make a world of difference. You should also check that you have a compatible HDD, there is a list of those compatible, and those who are not.

FAT32 Tutorial + Booting

Also, double-check that you have the correct and necessary cIOS files that are required for USB Loaders.

I use CFG Loader, and these are my current specifications:

i) Hermes v4
ii) Waninkoko's cIOS r19

It works like a charm.

Hope this helps,

-EF

polyjay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I created a fat32 partition (well technically exFat, I hope there's no difference), and I still get the error. Now I'm trying wbfs, but wbfs manager keeps giving me an error when I try to format.

I'm not sure if my hard drive is compatible. It has this extra CDFS drive on it, which is weird, for this encryption utility thing.

Hmm I'm not so sure. I guess I'll fiddle around some more, try a different loader, since NTFS isn't doing anything for me anymore.

Oh boy I used CFG and got an "Exception (DSI) occured!" But remember seeing something similar when I googled, so I'll check around some more.

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
polyjay said:

Thanks guys!

I'm using NTFS, and it's great ! You just need a folder called WBFS on the root of your drive in which you put your .WBFS folders/files. I have a 4 gb small FAT32 partition for the loader, a 400 GB WBFS partition (made when FAT/NTFS wasn't possible yet) and a 600 GB NTFS partition. The WBFS and NTFS partition both work great in WiiFlow.

I suggest using WiiBackupManager to transfer your games. You can also use it to format your drive to whichever filesystem you prefer.

Good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup