Hacking wiiflow 1076 black screening on every wii game launch (vwii)

KingMuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So as the title says, I just downloaded Wiiflow 1076 from abz after not touching my vwii portion of wiiu for some time. I used the stickied guide here on gbatemp to softmod my vwii a while ago.​
The only thing that seems to work on wiiflow is nintendont and the gamecube games I have but the wii games just black screen...?​
I downloaded syscheck Hacksden edtion (latest version) and ran it on vwii. I attached a copy of my sys too.​
I'm a bit stumped here, so if anyone can shoot some help my way that be awesome.​

Attachments

• sys.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 390

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry for the bump, but I have a similar problem and did not feel like making a new thread for it. So, loading Wii games with Wiiflow used to work perfectly fine for me. But all of a sudden every Wii game I load is stuck on a black screen while loading after starting it with WiiFlow. Even the white loading bar that normally appears will not come up. I tried to find the cause of the problem, but as of yet did not have any success. Here is some more info on my setup and what I tried to solve the problem:

My Setup:

- I have a black Wii (not WiiU) with system menu version 4.3E
- I use the most recent version of the d2x cios 249 which uses IOS 56 as its base
- Wiiflow-Mod rev 1076
- The same scenario is true for two of my usb devices. One is a 32 GB USB 3.0 flashdrive formatted as FAT32 with games stored on it in the .wbfs format and the other is a 1 TB external 3,5" USB HDD with two partitions, one formatted as FAT32 for apps and emunand and the other formatted as NTFS, which holds the Wii games in .iso format.

What I tried so far (with no results that would solve the problem):

- Checked if Wiiflow is forced to load using IOS 249 by default, indeed it is.
- Deleted the cachefiles along with the .db files so Wiiflow could rebuild the cache from scratch
- Deleted Wiiflows settings so I could re-configure it from scratch
- Tried Wiiflow-Mod rev 1054
- Tried another USB HDD

All of this yielded the same result - Wii games will not load in Wiiflow no matter what. I know the game I tested with - Mario Kart Wii in this case - is working fine since USB Loader GX has no problems booting it. So, what else could be the cause of this problem?

Last edited by LinkFan16,

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the bump, but I have a similar problem and did not feel like making a new thread for it. So, loading Wii games with Wiiflow used to work perfectly fine for me. But all of a sudden every Wii game I load is stuck on a black screen while loading after starting it with WiiFlow. Even the white loading bar that normally appears will not come up. I tried to find the cause of the problem, but as of yet did not have any success. Here is some more info on my setup and what I tried to solve the problem:

My Setup:

- I use the most recent version of the d2x cios 249 which uses IOS 56 as its base
- Wiiflow-Mod rev 1076
- The same scenario is true for two of my usb devices. One is a 32 GB USB 3.0 flashdrive formatted as FAT32 with games stored on it in the .wbfs format and the other is a 1 TB external 3,5" USB HDD with two partitions, one formatted as FAT32 for apps and emunand and the other formatted as NTFS, which holds the Wii games in .iso format.

- Deleted the cachefiles along with the .db files so Wiiflow could rebuild the cache from scratch
- Tried another USB HDD

All of this yielded the same result - Wii games will not load in Wiiflow no matter what. I know the game I tested with - Mario Kart Wii in this case - is working fine since USB Loader GX has no problems booting it. So, what else could be the cause of this problem?
Why are you posting here if you don't have a wii u. Post in the right fucking section

And don't say 'because it's the same' because it's not. they're separated for a reason

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why are you posting here if you don't have a wii u. Post in the right fucking section

And don't say 'because it's the same' because it's not. they're separated for a reason

Keep your insults to yourself, they are not working and not contributing anything to this thread or my problem either. If a mod or admin wishes to move my post to the right section, they may do so. Unlike some other people asking questions I actually used the search function to find this thread and thought since the problem of the OP and my problem share a lot of similarities, I might as well post here. And please, if you have nothing to contribute, just move along.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country

My Setup:

- Wiiflow-Mod rev 1076

- Tried another USB HDD

I use the most recent version of the d2x cios 249 which uses IOS 56 as its base
can you post a syscheck?

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sure, just give me a second :)
Here you go:

SysCheck v2.3.2 HacksDen Edition von JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, und Nano
...laeuft auf dem vIOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
Systemmenue 4.3E (v514)
Priiloader installiert
Laufwerksdatum: 14.07.2008
Homebrewkanal 1.1.2 benutzt IOS58
Homebrew Filter rev42 benutzt IOS58
Hollywood v0x21
Konsolen-ID: 96092223
Konsolentyp: Wii
Shop-Kanal-Land: Germany (78)
Boot2 v4
Es wurden 117 Titel gefunden.
Es wurden 39 IOS gefunden, von denen 10 funktionslos (Stub) sind.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS9 (rev 1034): Keine Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS11 (rev 10): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Zugriff, NAND Zugriff
IOS12 (rev 526): Keine Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS17 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS21 (rev 1039): Keine Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): Keine Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): Keine Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS31 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): Keine Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): Keine Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS51 (rev 4864): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS52 (rev 5888): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS53 (rev 5663): Keine Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): Keine Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): Keine Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): Keine Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS61 (rev 5662): Keine Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS80 (rev 6943): Keine Patches
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Zugriff
IOS249[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS253 (rev 65281): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Bericht wurde am 11.08.2015 generiert.

Thanks for your help once again :)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Sure, just give me a second :)
Here you go:

SysCheck v2.3.2 HacksDen Edition von JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, und Nano
...laeuft auf dem vIOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
Systemmenue 4.3E (v514)
Priiloader installiert
Laufwerksdatum: 14.07.2008
Homebrewkanal 1.1.2 benutzt IOS58
Homebrew Filter rev42 benutzt IOS58
Hollywood v0x21
Konsolen-ID: 96092223
Konsolentyp: Wii
Shop-Kanal-Land: Germany (78)
Boot2 v4
Es wurden 117 Titel gefunden.
Es wurden 39 IOS gefunden, von denen 10 funktionslos (Stub) sind.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS9 (rev 1034): Keine Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS11 (rev 10): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Zugriff, NAND Zugriff
IOS12 (rev 526): Keine Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS17 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS21 (rev 1039): Keine Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): Keine Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): Keine Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS31 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): Keine Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): Keine Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS51 (rev 4864): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS52 (rev 5888): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS53 (rev 5663): Keine Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): Keine Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): Keine Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): Keine Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS61 (rev 5662): Keine Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS80 (rev 6943): Keine Patches
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Zugriff
IOS249[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS253 (rev 65281): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Bericht wurde am 11.08.2015 generiert.

Thanks for your help once again :)
Your system menu IOS (80) is not patched
You have to install patched IOS 60, 70 and 80 preferably using modmii to be on the safe side
You can also optionally patch IOS 36 and install hermes ios in slots 222,3,4
D2xIOS is fine

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the quick reply. But tell me, does having a patched IOS 60 / 70 / 80 have anything to do with having a working Wiiflow installation? I know that patching the system menu IOS is recommend because of certain security reasons and I might as well go ahead and use modmii to download and install said IOS. Still I doubt that this is going to solve my problem that wiiflow is not loading any wii games, since this only relies on cIOS 249 iirc. As I said before, it used to work fine a week ago and I haven't changed my setup since then. I'm really puzzled about this since I wonder how something can break although nothing has changed. Once again, aside from loading wii games, wiiflow works perfectly fine. GameCube games? No problem. Emulators of all kinds? No Problem. Loading WiiWare and Virtual Console games from the emulated nand? Also no problem. Well, I guess for now I will follow your advice and install the patched system menu IOS and Hermes cios and try loading games with that. Thanks again.

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply. But tell me, does having a patched IOS 60 / 70 / 80 have anything to do with having a working Wiiflow installation? I know that patching the system menu IOS is recommend because of certain security reasons and I might as well go ahead and use modmii to download and install said IOS. Still I doubt that this is going to solve my problem that wiiflow is not loading any wii games, since this only relies on cIOS 249 iirc. As I said before, it used to work fine a week ago and I haven't changed my setup since then. I'm really puzzled about this since I wonder how something can break although nothing has changed. Once again, aside from loading wii games, wiiflow works perfectly fine. GameCube games? No problem. Emulators of all kinds? No Problem. Loading WiiWare and Virtual Console games from the emulated nand? Also no problem. Well, I guess for now I will follow your advice and install the patched system menu IOS and Hermes cios and try loading games with that. Thanks again.
Is your drive seen in wiiflow? You didn't maybe move which usb port the drive is plugged into did you? Seems like port 0 was the one closest to the bottom...(if you have it laying flat) Either way you have it laying it's the port closest to the side with the foot pads on it. Seems like that was an issue for me with the larger drives. If it worked before and you haven't removed anything from the console then chances are patching this will not help.
For me moving all apps and things of that nature to an sd card and keeping my drive as one partition keeps mine loading correctly every time.
I don't remember the colors of the wiis as to where they fall in manufacturing. But wasn't the black wii the last one?? I know the white one was the first set, the blues ones were the walmart exclusives. And the red ones (the one I currently have) was the anniversary edition. I know it doesn't matter as to your question but now i am really curious on this. lol.
I would be more apt to believe it's an issue between the wii and your drive not the ios issue.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I just looked at your syscheck and told you what's missing in the softmod
you can surely reinstall d2x wad in 249 try different revisions like v8, 10b53 or different base, also try different usb port in the back of your wii but I assume you did that already didn't you?

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To FaTaL_ErRoR:

Yes, my drive is indeed seen in wiiflow. It even lists all the Wii games on it for me to select and load. However, after choosing the game the white loading bar that normally appears is completely missing and I'm stuck on a black screen until I power cycle the console. Also, I always plug my USB drives into port 0. I might try and move my apps to an SD Card and see how that goes, although I really would like to have apps and games in one place. Will also try using port 1 instead of port 0 and see if that makes any difference. The USB drives I use seem to be alright. Other USB loaders load Wii games just fine from them. Also I think there were two instances of black wiis. The family edition, which has no GameCube ports and was released in 2013 / 2014 iirc, and another one which just got a new diskdrive in order to prevent backup loading from disk, but still has GameCube ports, that I bought in... was it 2011? Or maybe even 2009? I don't remember the exact year.

To AbdallahTerro:

Thanks again. I will try installing older / different versions of the d2x cIOS and also plugging my drives into port 1 instead of 0. With that, I think this thread can be closed since if things do not work even after trying all this, I will probably switch to another USB Loader which is already working fine for me.

goitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any updates to this issue? I have the exact situation

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Any updates to this? I have the exact situation

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users