Wiifit USA in metric units

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Incoming, Jun 3, 2008.

Jun 3, 2008

Wiifit USA in metric units by Incoming at 1:52 PM (1,315 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Incoming
    OP

Newcomer Incoming Newbie

Singapore
    I would like to have Wiifit in metric (kg /cm) rather than imperial unit (lbs /feet/inch). I want to set the country as USA and still have metric units. anybody know how to trucha modify the Wiifit USA to display in metric?

Please don't ask me to set country to Spain or other. I just want to know whether anybody know or try to modify the Wiifit ISO ?

Thank
    Incoming

2. Smack

Member Smack GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    "The Metric system is the tool of the devil!" - Grandpa Simpson

Hmm that is interesting, and I take it there is no in game setting to change this. I don't know how to fix this in Trucha but could you not just download the PAL Wii Fit which is surely in metric?

As a Canadian who uses the metric system the one area we have not been able to break away from imperial is when describing one's height and weight. Why I am not sure but all I know is I don't have the foggiest of how man cm's tall I am but could probably guess my weight in kilograms fairly accurately (2.2 pounds = 1 kilogram).

3. Incoming
    OP

Newcomer Incoming Newbie

Singapore
    Well, I have to use the freeloader which details swapping of the disc. I could swap the 1st partition of Wiifit to the freeloader. But put it this way, I just prefer the USA version.

Actually if you google, a lot of people in the internet are complaining about the lack of option to choose the unit they prefer which Nintendo stupidly didn't include. I am sure there are a lot of British in America and lot of Americans in UK. Having the option to choose the unit wouldn't be that difficult for Nintendo programmers to do.

4. Smack

Member Smack GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I 100% agree. Seems extremely shortsighted that they didn't give you the option to toggle unit of measure as I bet the Balance Board registers kg's and just converts it to lb's for the US version within the game itself.

Lazy programmers/designers [​IMG]

5. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    Oh no, beta!

-on topic- Metric system rules! (I guess that wasn't really on topic)