Wiifit (NTSC) on PAL Wii with WiiFree?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by SuicidalPigeon, Aug 3, 2008.

1. SuicidalPigeon
    OP

SuicidalPigeon Member

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2007
    Hi, I've just bought a copy of wiifit in america (£25 cheaper!) to use on my uk wii. However it doesn't work and I've tried a couple of things:
    Loading it with datel's freeloader - nothing
    Loading it with Gecko Region Free (version 1.5) - nothing
    Loading it with GeckoOS (latest version) - nothing
    I've also downloaded a PAL backup but it won't work because my system is chipped with a WiiFree, so I'll get an error 001 message.
    Trucha signer can't open up the backup (something about the 3rd partition i think?)
    and I've also tried using WiiScrubber 1.2 to patch all the main.dol but the wii doesn't recognise it.

The only other option I can think of is to upgrade my chip to yaosm, but I can't get my hands on a programmer for a while.
    Has anyone else had similar experiences with this game? And are there any other solutions that I could try? Thanks.

EDIT: Ok, I just tried out the backup without any modifications and it doesn't work, I'm thinking that the download was crappy. I'll try getting a different version.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice