Homebrew Wiiengine nightmare! (can't see my roms)

sebastien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have downloaded wiiengine

The app boots fine!

I have then created a folder Root of the sd card : roms/pcengine/ (then dumped all .pce the roms theres more than 500 if i recall)
Then i boot the emulator nothing works , nothing is seen....

Can someone teach me? also im planning on using 1 cd game i used to have! how will this work does it work a different way?

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/t...92#entry3663692 I use this mod from Wiimpathy , just follow the setup from wiibrew you should be good to go.

http://gbatemp.net/topic/310977-wiimednafen-a-port-of-mednafen-for-the-wii/ wiimednafen to me has better support and looks nicer in my opinion. you can get it from this thread i posted.

sebastien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what setup by wiibrew? i didn't see that
but thanks this was the one i downloaded earlier when i found this website ^_^

ill try the second one you just posted :)

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From Wiibrew.
Installation
  1. If your are using the Homebrew Channel you can just copy the wiiengine directory from the archive to the apps directory of the root of your SD card. If you are using another loader; use the bool.dol from the "wiiengine" directory.
  2. Place you ROMs in the roms/pcengine directory or any sub-directory. The ROMs must be in .pce, .bz2 or .zip format. There's a limit of 512 files per directory.
    1. For CDROM Game look at WiiEngine#CDROM Game
  3. Launch the emulator by the loader you are using.
  4. CDROM Game

To be able to load CDROM Game from the emulator, you have to put syscard.pce (can be compressed in .zip (syscard.zip) or .bz2 (syscard.pce.bz2) format) in the roms/pcengine/ directory on the root of your SD card.
    The utility bincuesplit included in the archive (DOS/Windows only) allow you to extract the data and audio tracks from a cue/bin CDROM game image. The program provides the .toc file and the audio tracks compressed in .ogg format. To extract the data and audio tracks, select both the bin and cue files, then drag them over to bincuesplit. A Toc file will also be created for you.
    TOC Files

Toc format is exclusive for this emulator and is a list of ISO (data) and WAV or OGG (audio) files.
    The WAV files supported are 22050Hz or 44100 Hz, 8 or 16 bits, MONO or STEREO. Is recommended to use 22050Hz and 8 bits format for space and speed reasons. The OGG files are 44100Hz MONO or STEREO
    Contents of a TOC file: The data/audio tracks have the word Leadin before them, and the word Leadout must be written after the last track, without any spaces between lines. You can write commentaries before the word Leadin (those commentaries can't include the word Leadin!) and you can specify the rom with a given CDROM BIOS as follows: syscard: supersystemcard_usa.pce in this case, the system rom must be in the same directory where the .toc is, but if the character '#' is added it will be taken from the directory :/roms/pcengine
    i.e.: syscard: #syscard3.pce.bz2 If the keyword syscard is not added: the default syscard will be used. After that you can write the word Leadin and the file list as follows:
    Leadin track1.ogg dracx-02.iso track3.ogg track4.ogg track5.ogg ....... drackx-22.iso Leadout
    You can specify the lenght of the audio tracks (in minutes, seconds, frames) as follows: track3.wav 01:46:00
    For the .iso data, this time is ignored, as the lenght of the file is directly used. You can add a silence using the Pregap order:
    Pregap: 00:02:00 dracx-02.iso
    You can specify the absolute position (in time) where a track will begin, as follows:
    Position: 00:47:65 dracx-02.iso
    but you must take care that the previous track doesn't overlap with this one. i.e., let's suppose the first wav track is 48 seconds long. We can specify a smaller lenght to avoid overlapping data as follows:
    track1.wav 00:44:00 Position: 00:49:65 dracx-02.iso
    Important: the first track always starts at 00:02:00 and the emulator adjusts the lenght to 00:47:65 if it's smaller than this lenght. Remember you can use the bincuesplit utility to extract the data and audio from a cue/bin image file
    History

sebastien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
exactly this is what it says technicly you just put the wiiengine folder into ''apps'' and in apps you create a roms folder with a sub folder called pcengine and dump all there

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem, If you like here is a really nice forwarder's for when you get things setup. http://gbatemp.net/t...on-2nd-edition/
The wiimednafen forwarder can be found in the top under his media fire main link at the top of the page.
Wiiengine must have cios202 installed to work properly, but i switched to wiimednafen because it seemed nicer.

sebastien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
maybe you can help me again? if you know this one

Im trying to load a cd rom game of pc engine

And i have the system3 bios inside the good folder....

the program says the rom is too big , and the other error on the .cue is cannot find it

I guess ... i need to root the .cue to the iso... but whats the wii drive letter name?? ..

Sorry for the other topic i hit the wrong key delete it :)

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sebastien, jump on the wiimednafen thread and read through there. other people as well have already asked and put there findings in there.. if you still have trouble getting your game to run. i would try finding another copy of your game.. sorry i don't have any cd games running on it..

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry for being mr. Dampé....But any of you guys were able to load supergrafx games on any of the pcengine/tg16 emulator for wii? I was able to load only one of the seven supergrafx games that exists (1941 attack). All games on supergrafx:

All SuperGrafx releases were on SHuCard format:
1941: Counter Attack
Aldynes
Battle Ace
Daimakaimura
Mado King Granzort

Backwards Compatible with PC Engine:
Darius Alpha - Improved graphics when played on SuperGrafx[dubious – discuss]
Darius Plus - Improved graphics when played on SuperGrafx

info from wikipedia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum