Wiiengine is too complicated for me (CD thing), need some help

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by OriginalHamster, Dec 27, 2009.

1. OriginalHamster
    OP

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    Hi tempers

Could someone help me to configure a CD game for WiiEngine? Or indicate me a tutorial.

I'm a monkey when it comes to CD rom games in this emu, really tried to seek the readme, but I'm not familiar with the original system.

If someone can pinpoint me the correct files for Valis 3, with sound support, it would be very appreciated

=)

2. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    i 2nd this.

also i download a game from some where and it had only 1 toc file is that normal?

3. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    no, it's not normal:

from wiibrew:

It's only a text file: you obviously also need the ISO file and some audio track files (in .WAV or .OGG format only !!!).
    To load a CD ROM file, you need to load the TOC file (either come with the other files or you must create it): it indicates the name and length/offset of track data & audio files. The structure of the TOC files is described in the readme.

I think that you can also load the ISO file itself, but you won't have audio support (like in Hugo).

Really, everything is explained in the readme, it's not complicated if you make some effort yourself.
    Easiest way to do is to grab a game in CUE+BIN format and use the included tool to output all the required files.
    Don't forget the syscard ROM image syscard.pce in /roms/pcengine and put each game in its own directory ...

EDIT: just found this little site (in french ?) that lists all existing CD games with their eespective TOC. It's just a matter of filling the TOC file correctly using these infos.

http://www.necstasy.net/

4. OriginalHamster
    OP

Chile
    I'm searching for a bin+cue file.
    Then I need drop the cue inside the wiiengine special program?
    How is the process?

EDIT: I only got 1 toc file too =/

5. jerrios

Newcomer jerrios Member

United States
    All of this is in the readme included with wiiengine. I switched from Hugo yesterday and figured it out.

6. OriginalHamster
    OP

Chile
    I have the bin+cue file, with the toc file in the same folder, but can't play...
    HALP

7. Jacobeian

Cuba
    Please make at least some effort to read if you want help:

off course you "can't play", the emulator itself CANNOT run cue+bin image, you must convert this into a TOC file and a set of ISO & OGG files using the utility.

Again, read the manual included and on the Wiibrew page !!!

.iso files are data tracks
    .ogg files are audio tracks
    .toc file is some kind of table that tells the emulator how to handle those tracks

That's all the emulator need.

And apparently, you don't need to provide a TOC file if you have a cue/bin image, it will be created automatically by the utility !

8. OriginalHamster
    OP

Chile
    Jacobeian, I read the whole readme, I apply the program to my bin+cue, and appear an exception, writting error or something, then the program only create 1 .toc file, nothing more, that's why I'm searching for help, I have no idea how the program works, if it only works under DOS or what.

What I did was drag the program to a DOS window, "space" then drag the .bin file

I tried drag the program to a DOS window, "space" then drag the .bin file, "space" and the .cue file

Then appear a message
    Creating directory ValisIII
    Creating file Valis.toc
    Error!! Unknow method for track extraction

=/

9. Jacobeian

Cuba
    You are using the utility wrong because you did not read the manual carefully, there is nothing that tells you to append the .bin file then the .cue file.

Again, in the readme:
    Use the first one (no options), that's all !

10. OriginalHamster
    OP

Chile
    No, I just append the program with the .cue file, I just pointed out that tried both methods without luck...

Ok, I drag the program to cmd, "space" then drag the .cue file, that's all what I did!!!

Then appear an error in the cmd window: "Error!! Unknow method for track extraction"

-____-u

11. DJPlace

United States
    weird when i load the iso file i get the games titile screen and when i press run it goes black

also when i load the toc file i get the cd option when i play the game wth is up with this?

12. DJPlace

United States
    i did the same thing but i get an error too

Error!! line 1 cmd:file

13. Jacobeian

Cuba
    Don't bother trying to load the toc file if you haven't all the other required files, it's pointless.
    The iso file probably fails because it's corrupted or not a supported game.

Also, the only reason I see why the bincuesplit utility fails is that your cue and bin files are not good files and the utility fails to recognize the tracks inside the bin file. Try redownloading the games from a more trusty site or try other games

14. OriginalHamster
    OP

Chile
    I tried an .iso version around the web, and a version with the files extracted, my only hope is one that is in a torrent... u___u

Besides, there not many Valis availables.

It could work if I download a version with the files extrated? And convert it to bin/cue in order to apply the program?

15. zeedds

Member zeedds GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i used alcohol 120 to make a bin,cue (cdrwin) image from my cue,iso,wav files. then i opened a command prompt in the folder that had the cue bin and bincuesplit in it. then i typed" bincuesplit cd.cue cd.bin" in the command prompt window ,from what i remember,. to generate the toc ogg and iso files. i can do it tonight if thats the wrong command, i had to try a few different ways tilll i figured it out. just going by memory right now