Wiiengine compatibility

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Scorpin200, Jul 9, 2009.

Jul 9, 2009

Wiiengine compatibility by Scorpin200 at 11:55 PM (1,587 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Scorpin200
    OP

Banned Scorpin200 Iceman

United States
    Has anyone had problem with Y's IV having no sound for the voices? i went thur the trouble to get this emu, and now the main game does not work completely.

2. MrTea

Member MrTea GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Thats not a game I've tried but I assume you've got a problem with your toc file (maybe something not named correctly)?

Theres people in this thread that having it running fine so you've I guess you've done something wrong? http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?p=48314

3. kevenz

Member kevenz GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I wish someone would take wiiengine source and update it with a gui + sdhc + arcade card support and stuff like that.

4. Scorpin200
    OP

Banned Scorpin200 Iceman

United States
    i don't think so y'III does the same thing that means the voices from the iso's are not emulated properly. Hugo is superior to this crap anyway, so i'll just wait a i suppose.

5. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    Wii Engine is supposed to be a straight port of GP Engine which is itself mostly based on the original Hu-go code with a few emulation improvment/fixes so, from an emulation point of view, Wii Engine is SUPERIOR to HugoGX

I think the missing voices are due to the lack of (or bugs with) ADPCM emulation (which the original HuGo does not even support)

Oh, btw, instead of constantly bashing this software that you get for free, why not taking some coding lessons and reading some microprocessor/computer science books then start developping your own or fixing this one ? That would be certainly more constructive... it's so easy to call something shit or crap, harder to get your ass back to work hard and share with other people :-/