LordWill072284

OP
Trophies
Website
www.bakerenterprises.ca
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys+gals. was just looking at nintendo scene and found wiideo center 0.3.3! Great lil app for the pc. just extract and run, just as the nfo states.

Uses port 8080 of your firewall, i have it running on vista, works flawless fast streaming and works with avi's/mpg's and even vod files. i didn't try x264 yet, but will get back to it.

Just figured i'd share this with everyone and it throws Orb / X-oom Media Center for Wii outta the water.

Hopefully try it out, see what ya think

Source Website - http://tyrael.homeip.net/wiideo_center/index.html

NScene Site - http://nintendo-scene.com/847

P.S - One of the best app's for wii's inet channel
smile.gif

Enjoy~

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
looks very interesting. i like the way it goes about it's business through the internet channel.

Does anyone know how the basic process goes... is it decoding the files on the PC and sending each frame to the internet channel or what?

Furthermore is it maintaining the original video quality?

LordWill072284

OP
Trophies
Website
www.bakerenterprises.ca
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys, just gettin back at the topic. yeh it doesn't do x264/mkv... but yeh it does divx/xvid cause there /avi files.

as for the streaming it is encoding the video, i think to flash, but the quality is almost close to orignal, some frames you can see squares. but hey...ppl that don't have tv out on comp now can watch movies/music/pics on it

andreq

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HD resolution : 1080p (I have many 1080p DIVX)

Wii max resolution : 480p....

It can't keep the same quality... but it's a nice soft anyhow
wink.gif

omarroms

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
not bad, a nice way to watch videos on the wii. It encodes the videos to flv and it breaks the video into 6 minutes each around 20MB and saves in the "WiideoCenter\plugins\net.homeip.tyrael.wiideocenter.webapp_1.0.0\cache" folder.

after some more testing I notice all widescreen videos gets stretched to 4:3 aspect ratio. It looks like it encodes all video to 4:3AR so if it's not already in 4:3AR it'll look weird. The quality is going to be worse than the original since it's re-encoding to flv. but overall it's pretty good. That aspect ratio thing needs to get fix, maybe in a future version it will. Best video solution for the Wii that I've tried.

akuchan

Trophies
XP
Country
hmmm if it streams it through the internet to watch it on the wii, would that use up my monthly download as sites like youtube do? I don't really know this stuff.. but this program is really cool, can listen to music from my computer too =)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hmmm if it streams it through the internet to watch it on the wii, would that use up my monthly download as sites like youtube do? I don't really know this stuff.. but this program is really cool, can listen to music from my computer too =)
No, it won't use your monthly bandwitdh, it's in LAN using the Host IP like 192.168.0.1

Edit :
It will spend it if you use your Wan IP adress to connect to the stream on your computer.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
also i guess consequentially it will stream better (assuming you have a faster local connection than through the internet)

.FLV huh? hmm, i guess it's not so bad.

mossop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
am i the only one that cant get it work
frown.gif

do you need a wireless router cos i dont have one i have a wireless usb pen (WiFi Max) which i bought for my Wii and DS and if it will work which Ip address do i use? my internet connection one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr