Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some people are just too lazy to go in the Options menu and turn it off and all of a sudden their GPU is fried for playing too long. Who thinks it should be off by default?

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't. At all.

I am a firm believer that Nintendo knew what they were doing, and were aware of any 'potential heat issues' if you care to call them that, and felt that it was safe to have, offer, and enable the WC2 feature...

I have mine on, use it, and am happy with it.

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it should be left off (and by default it is turned off on clean Wii's).

It would appear Nintendo did not account for additional heat due to power drain from USB accessories (such as WiiMote chargers) while the Wii is in standby. Now many of us are powering USB hard drives too...

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
ozguy said:
I believe it should be left off (and by default it is turned off on clean Wii's).

It would appear Nintendo did not account for additional heat due to power drain from USB accessories (such as WiiMote chargers) while the Wii is in standby. Now many of us are powering USB hard drives too...

Also worthy of note is that all the above mentioned accessories are third party and use with the Wii will/may void your warranty. Unlicensed products are bad people! (at least thats what nintendo want you to believe
biggrin.gif
)

Rajveer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If a Wii's GPU is dying because Wiiconnect24 has been left on during standby, then pretty soon the GPU would have died due to heat problems during gameplay anyways. I've had Wiiconnect24 on since release and never had an issue, I believe this issue was with the heatsink not having a proper connection to the GPU with certain release models which should have been fixed by now.

Also, bit confused here but what do you mean by "all of a sudden their GPU is fried for playing too long", playing what too long? Do you mean when Wiiconnect24 is on during gameplay, or Wiiconnect24 is on when the Wii is in standby?

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have had wii connect 24 on ever since i got my wii and a year later i got a fried gamecube memory card in return. And guess what? I almost had purified all the pokemon in pkmn colloseum to get Ho-Oh.THANKS NINTY!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol