Hacking WiiConnect on 4.0U+

betoranaldi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have done many searches on WiiConnect and only find old posts that reference 3.3U or 3.4U and all are from the beginning of the year. Nothing recent, so here it goes.

I have a modded Wii at 4.0U. Modded it with bannerbomb, HackMii (installing bootmii as boot2 and HBC), Preloader, cIOS249v14 and USB Configurable Loader.

I turned off WiiConnect before I did all of this and notice some online gameplay (with games I actually own) and some channels are no longer working.

Is it safe to have WiiConnect on with newer system menus? Everything I see is very conflicting dealing with 3.X. Will the system automatically update itself?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
betoranaldi said:
Should standby connection be turned off? Or it doesn't really matter?
Shouldn't matter
smile.gif

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
I had some weird experience with Wiiconnect24 on my previous Wii, it seems that it turned on from standby due to incoming mail or some and was running the whole night...

I turned it off to make sure this wont happen again.

C

CasperH

G0dLiKe said:
I had some weird experience with Wiiconnect24 on my previous Wii, it seems that it turned on from standby due to incoming mail or some and was running the whole night...

I turned it off to make sure this wont happen again.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiConnect24

Look at this: ''Sophisticated task scheduler, including periodic wakeup of either processor for maintenance tasks, and tracking max duty cycle ("Too much wakeup executed recently. Need to wait."), probably used for thermal managemen't.''
That is probably what happened :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.