WiiBrew Development Help

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by icyrainz, Mar 16, 2010.

1. icyrainz
    OP

icyrainz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2010
    Senegal
    Hi all,

I would like to ask about the WiiBrew Development. As I'm a new Wii owner, I would like to know more about the development process of WiiBrew, which language does WiiBrew Apps and Games use and the library to use with. And I would be grateful if someone can give me some extra details about the Wii Environment as well as the GUI library.

I heard that there was a Wii Development Kit for standalone programmer but I cost as much as 1000$ and unfortunately I cannot afford it.

Thanks in advance.

2. nIxx

nIxx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 30, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Just learn C/C++ and look throught the libogc header files for specific wii btw. gamecube stuff.
    As enviroment you just install devkitpro http://sourceforge.net/projects/devkitpro/ (download the devkitproUpdater and by the way it comes with examples [​IMG] ) then use msys command shell or programmer notepad (comes with devKitpro) to compile your wii app about GUI´s there is libwiigui for example that you can use to easily create a nice looking interface.

3. icyrainz
    OP

icyrainz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2010
    Senegal
    Thanks for the fast reply [​IMG]
    I'm going to rock my wii this summer break [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice