Hardware Wiiboya - a portable Wii from China?

hatch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone heard of this product from the rather well known chinese manufacturer Timeharvest? "Wiiboya", a portable Wii seemingly using a original motherboard.

I am not allowed to post links, it seems, just search for it over at Aliexpress ...

Last edited by hatch,
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.
smiley_emoticons_seb_zylinder.gif

Has anyone heard of this product from the rather well known chinese manufacturer Timeharvest? "Wiiboya", a portable Wii seemingly using a original motherboard.

I am not allowed to post links, it seems, just search for it over at Aliexpress ...
I've never heard of it, but there's a DIY kit for building your own. It's called a G-Boy: https://store.bitbuilt.net/g-boy-rev-iii-diy-portable-kit/

All things considered, it's a pretty expensive DIY project. Looks like it would be fun to put together though.

Sorry,german:

https://www.technikneuheiten.com/wiiboy-color-youtuber-verwandelt-nintendo-wii-in-einen-gameboy/

The YouTuber GingerOfMods has produced a mobile version of the Nintendo Wii game console. For this he put the hardware of the Wii in a Gameboy Color-like case. The end result is impressive and is called Wiiboy Color.

E1ite007

Weird avatar guy
Trophies
Website
ughax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
Here's a video about the Wiiboya (I'm guessing it stands for WiiBoy Advance).
I don't understand japanese, neither does Google Translate most of the time, so I don't know if the user who did it sells these online.
As @RHOPKINS13 and @alexander1970 told you above, this is part of the multiple portable Wii projects that are around the Internet, and this GBA form factor isn't something I've seen before... at least not a fuctional version.
Also, as you asked, I searched it on AliExpress, and nothing about it being a portable Wii appeared, it says something about being a Pandora Box, or something related to Raspberry Pi, and it's the only product called "wiiboya" on AliExpress, so I would not trust this seller.

Last edited by E1ite007,
General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Today's weather will be hot with a chance of showers at the camp....