Wii_Homebrew_Bootable-WiiHB

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by davym, Jun 17, 2007.

1. davym
    OP

davym Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2007
    Belgium
    Fake, sorry guy...

2. Athlon-pv

Athlon-pv GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 25, 2005
    United States
    If there was/is such a thing wouldn't it be plastered over many many website's ?

3. DaRk_ViVi

DaRk_ViVi Sending you back... to the future!

Apr 13, 2004
    Italy
    Asti, Italy
    I smell fake, and i have only a few dvdr left so i don't wanna try it myself. BTW should this works even on non modded wiis?

4. Spikey

Spikey Your Special Someone

Mar 16, 2006
    United States
    It's impossible to test because there is no Wii homebrew.... only GCN homebrew. [​IMG]

5. Hooya

Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 25, 2006
    United States
    Central Illinois
    man, I hate to waste a DVD on a 50K image file. Especially one that has no data whatsoever. :-/

6. AshuraZro

AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Feb 21, 2004
    Canada
    Saskatchewan
    I stopped reading after this line.

7. Pikachu025

Pikachu025 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 3, 2006
    Australia
    Austria
    If someone really wants to test this just use a RW. I doubt it will work, though.

8. Neko

Neko Been a while.

Dec 5, 2006
    Gambia, The
    #gbatemp.net
    I just checked the image.
    It's empty.
    NFO says they will release an Homebrew test iso soon.

9. niklasnyfiken

niklasnyfiken GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2006
    Swaziland
    F___!

Fill in the rest because I'm too lazy to type.

10. squirt1000

squirt1000 Would rather have a cup of Tea!

Banned
    Jul 14, 2003
    Devon, UK
    If this was genuine it would be massive news!! Sod trying stuff like that out though, Who knows what damage could be caused to your wii!!

11. killah2km

killah2km Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Well I took the liberty to test it, but I got the image from a trusted source [​IMG]. I tried it.. and it seems to exploit the Wii somehow and crashes it. putting it in a state where it tells you to power it off. I tried putting another disk not wii homebrew duh.. and it did nothing, but spin the new disk. Seems to be the gateway to homebrew on the wii. I can't wait till they actually release some type of homebrew for it [​IMG]!!!

here is nfo

burn image to dvdr (yes DVDR), boot wii. switch to your homebrew dvd, and
    it loads! Thanks to TehSkeen forums for making this possible. More info
    with a homebrew test dvdr will be released soon (were not that good coders [​IMG]

12. killah2km

killah2km Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Most likely not, unmoded wiis can't boot dvdr's/rw's

13. killah2km

killah2km Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    It does have data.. I double checked the one posted above

14. niklasnyfiken

niklasnyfiken GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2006
    Swaziland
    It's fake, alright! Don't waste a DVD-R on this shit. They made a small iso file with UltraISO 8.6 yesterday, 6/17. There's no code in that iso, and it's not even a GC or Wii iso!

15. iTech

iTech GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2007
    United States
    I just tested it.
    It works.
    What it does is simple: it causes you to crash the Wii.
    I burned the DVD-R straight-away but there seemed to be a problem with getting it to work initially.
    Upon inspecting the ISO out of doubt, I determined that there was indeed a sector at position 0x8008 with was ill-formed. This is likely what triggers the exploit. Unfortunately all the disks I had at my disposal (Lead Data 8x DVD-Rs) seemed to be unsupported by the Wii's DVD drive. It took me about 45 bucks worth of discs to find that out.
    After running to the store and getting some Muchoshita 16x DVD-Rs, things worked perfectly. I noticed that the exploit is much more succesful if you throw the Wii against a disabled child (my sister) instead of an adult (my crackhoe mother).
    The most likely reason behind this is that the face of a retarded child is much less flacid and absorbs the shock poorly. But try to aim for the teeth of regular kids just in case you don't have any retarted children at your disposal. (I sell them on Ebay cheap - mail me for details)

After it crashed, it opened up a whole new ballgame of Wii homebrew emulation. I was actually able to insert a Nintendo 64 cartridge into the DVD slot now and it fitted perfectly.

And when the Wii turns on, instead of a blue light (which is gay - blue is the color of the gay) now it emits brown smoke, which is much cooler and it even matches the color of the walls in my livingroom - which are saturated with spongebob drawings my mother makes out of her shit. I think the fumes might have progressed my sister's braincancer, but that's actually a bonus since we can't afford a bigger coffin on my mom's prostitute salary (My sister's gut is so wide, we had to saw the casket in half vertically and cover the gaps with stationary held together by stickers - imagine if she got taller as well)

Thanks for the exploit G! Eventhough it didn't work as you described and I've allready launched a pillowbag filled with rocks towards your calculated global position by bouncing it off my sister's lard-drenched stomach
    (I hope it strikes you in the chest and causes massive hemorrhaging in your lungs), atleast my Wii has been cracked open!
    (Though be warned - I'll carry a big sack of coasters around everytime I go outside from now on, if I meet you, I'll slide them one-by-one in your anus. After chipping them by whacking you in the neck with the sack a couple of times)

16. Hit

Hit GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2005
    Netherlands
    Is a modchip required?
    EDIT:
    I didnt read toobad it's fake

17. Sick Wario

Sick Wario Club Nintendo

Jul 24, 2006
    NNID: godrugal
    wow more replies from iTech PLEASE! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. mattwasx

mattwasx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2005
    Omfg funnest post I have ever read.

19. sdoc96

sdoc96 Creaky Old Stiff Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    [​IMG] iTech's posts are the first I've wanted to archive since the beginning of the internet. [​IMG]

20. mikeosoft

mikeosoft GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2004
    United States
    what a mouth itech! nice work