Homebrew Emulator Wii64 Beta 1.3 with WiiFlow compatibility

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SaulFabre , I opted to delete my compiled libogc2, and I just downloaded a precompiled version. the reason is that I'm not sure if all files were included in the source code I downloaded. I know that like twilight menu++ for example only contains the loaders if you compile it, it doesn't contain ap or anything, though they may be on that app's github, just can't remember.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
@SaulFabre
What's the difference between:
  • wii64-Rice-wiivc
  • wii64-Rice
@JuanBaNaNa

wii64-Rice = Wii64 1.3 (Rice GFX) with WiiFlow compatibility, designed for run on original Wii.
wii64-Rice-wiivc = same as wii64-Rice but with fixed speed when using LimitVIs=0, also it is compatible via Wii U WiiVC injects, with Wii U GamePad support, vWii overclocking support. Works on both Wii and Wii U (including vWii).

wii64-glN64 = Wii64 1.3 (glN64 GFX) with WiiFlow compatibility, designed for run on original Wii.
wii64-glN64-wiivc = same as wii64-glN64 but with fixed speed when using LimitVIs=0, also it is compatible via Wii U WiiVC injects, with Wii U GamePad support, vWii overclocking support. Works on both Wii and Wii U (including vWii).

Reactions: JuanMena

gZa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have been playing (the rom hacks) Goldfinger64 and GoldenEye X using the wii64.dol, they're a bit glitchy but perfectly playable.
Finished Goldfinger64 on Easy - all levels played fine (lots of slowdown when you fight OddJob) on wii64-glN64 (Rice version has issue with the colours) really impressive romhack feels like a legit release.

Also Tomorrow Never Dies and Pheonarx's Yet To Come v2.0 are both equally excellent and play great on wii64-Rice

Last edited by gZa,

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
@JuanBaNaNa

wii64-Rice = Wii64 1.3 (Rice GFX) with WiiFlow compatibility, designed for run on original Wii.
wii64-Rice-wiivc = same as wii64-Rice but with fixed speed when using LimitVIs=0, also it is compatible via Wii U WiiVC injects, with Wii U GamePad support, vWii overclocking support. Works on both Wii and Wii U (including vWii).

wii64-glN64 = Wii64 1.3 (glN64 GFX) with WiiFlow compatibility, designed for run on original Wii.
wii64-glN64-wiivc = same as wii64-glN64 but with fixed speed when using LimitVIs=0, also it is compatible via Wii U WiiVC injects, with Wii U GamePad support, vWii overclocking support. Works on both Wii and Wii U (including vWii).
I will create a inject of your latest version if your ok for me to do so i know you suggested it also great work and thank you

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
A new version of Wii64 1.3 WiiFlow MOD is now out. :)

Wii64 1.3 WiiFlow MOD Beta6 (2022-05-09)
Download in my official GitHub, in the attachments of the first post of this thread or in the mirror link.

@SaulFabre

Reactions: cvskid and ber71

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
A new version of Wii64 1.3 WiiFlow MOD is now out. :)

Wii64 1.3 WiiFlow MOD Beta6 (2022-05-09)
Download in my official GitHub, in the attachments of the first post of this thread or in the mirror link.

@SaulFabre
just so you know pilotwings on gl will crash after you quit or complete a stage so the hack doesnt trully work. i mean it fixes the shadow but breaks the game.

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SaulFabre , I only tested wii rice, but I got it to compile with devkitproPPCr40:

1652226706608.png

NormalMisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is the Classic Controller input bug still present? I.e. when you press d-pad right, right stick-up (C-up) is also registered? Are you all using GC controllers?

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Is the Classic Controller input bug still present? I.e. when you press d-pad right, right stick-up (C-up) is also registered? Are you all using GC controllers?
@NormalMisha

@niuus confirmed that the Classic Controller bug is still present on Wii64, on ALL versions.
Read here:
Just so you know, there's is a bug regarding the use of Wii Classic Controller and Wii U Pro Controller (Classic Pro is probably affected too, though I don't have it), D-pad Right also presses C-Button Left in any game. If you change the mapping of the C-Button Left inside the emulator to anything other than L-Stick or R-Stick on the physical controller, it changes to pressing D-pad Right and C-Button Up.

I'd like to see this fixed on a recent build of Wii64... :P

NormalMisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@NormalMisha

@niuus confirmed that the Classic Controller bug is still present on Wii64, on ALL versions.
Read here:

I'd like to see this fixed on a recent build of Wii64... :P
It makes no sense. Whoever added the Classic Controller Support could fix the bug in about 10 minutes. I say that not as a person ignorant about software development. The other strange thing is that not64 doesn't have the same bug. Are the two emulators totally different code-bases? It seems like somebody has reinvented the wheel but made it oval-shaped.

It's awful for me to say this having never contributed a single line of code to any Wii homebrew ever, but it's unforgiveable for such a bug to be left in the code. None or almost no testing can have been done, because it would be almost impossible to not notice a double input such as this. I don't see the point of the emulator existing if it cannot correctly process controller input.

Presumably you can compile the Wii64 code (I can't). So if I have a look at this sometime could you compile a potential fix for me to test?

Edit:
None or almost no testing can have been done, because it would be almost impossible to not notice a double input such as this.
That's probably a bit harsh, as I guess not many games use both the d-pad and C buttons. Most would use the left stick together with the C buttons.

Last edited by NormalMisha,

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
It makes no sense. Whoever added the Classic Controller Support could fix the bug in about 10 minutes. I say that not as a person ignorant about software development. The other strange thing is that not64 doesn't have the same bug. Are the two emulators totally different code-bases? It seems like somebody has reinvented the wheel but made it oval-shaped.

It's awful for me to say this having never contributed a single line of code to any Wii homebrew ever, but it's unforgiveable for such a bug to be left in the code. None or almost no testing can have been done, because it would be almost impossible to not notice a double input such as this. I don't see the point of the emulator existing if it cannot correctly process controller input.

Presumably you can compile the Wii64 code (I can't). So if I have a look at this sometime could you compile a potential fix for me to test?
Unfortunately i don't have the needed coding experience nor the time for try to make a fix for the Classic Controller issue on Wii64.

If anyone is interested in making a fix for this issue or even carry the fix for the Classic Controller from Not64 to Wii64, i will be grateful for compile and test it for myself (and even publish a test version with this fix).

Greetings ;)

NormalMisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately i don't have the needed coding experience nor the time for try to make a fix for the Classic Controller issue on Wii64.

If anyone is interested in making a fix for this issue or even carry the fix for the Classic Controller from Not64 to Wii64, i will be grateful for compile and test it for myself (and even publish a test version with this fix).

Greetings ;)
Yes, to be clear, I was asking you to compile my potential code fix, not for you to fix it yourself. If the bug is in the Wii64 code itself, it should not be impossible to track it down. My guess is that the actual fix will be less than 10 characters,

Do you use a GC pad?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there