Homebrew Wii64 and WiiSX recompiled (Improved USB Support)

crono141

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got done compiling Wii64 from google code page (should be 1.1 beta code). I had the above problem with diropen, thanks for that fix. I also had a problem with a variable TVPal574IntDfScale in GraphicsGX.h. I commented out the two relevant lines to get it to build, but I'm not sure if I'll get a working product. I have an NTSC unit with an NTSC tv, and this appears to be related to PAL resolution. Do you think I'll be ok?

geoGolem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wii64 needs to support roms in zip file format.
I think I saw mentioned somewhere that this will never happen. The roms are too big to load them completely into memory, which means it should be able to read from the file itself.

If thats the case there should be an option to temporarily unzip the rom at load time in the backround and load from there. Most rom managers etc. require the roms to be in zip format and this saves space - which is especially important with large roms like the n64 has.

AACThaKid

Dark Wolf is watching
Trophies
Website
soundclick.com
XP
Country
United States
hopefully this will work for me

just got a usb drive, i have it set up like this:
x:\wii64\roms

with all the same roms on it that i had on my SDcard.... so im hoping this will make them readable

if it does.... Thank you very much!

XICO2KX

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just a heads up, but according to the latest post at the EmulateMii blog, you can use a slightly updated version of Wii64 called Not64! B-)
Here's the changelog: ;)
Features:
  • Built with devkitRice.
  • Available for Wii and GameCube.
  • SMB share support from WiiSX.
  • Reintroduce Zip file support.
  • IDE-EXI v1/v2 support.
  • AESND-powered audio.
  • Minor performance enhancements.
  • Some compatibility fixes.
  • Graphics and user interface tweaks.
  • Recognize the NTSC Zelda bonus disc.
New options:
  • ScalePitch
    Changes pitch according to emulation speed.
  • VideoMode
    0: Auto - 1: 480i60 - 2: 576i50 - 3: 480p60 - 4: 576p50
  • TrapFilter
    Affects composite video, similar to GameCube output.
    Recommended for lower-end CRT TVs.
  • smbusername, smbpassword, smbsharename, smbipaddr
    Hopefully self-explanatory.
  • rompath
    Automatically load a ROM file on startup.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up, but according to the latest post at the EmulateMii blog, you can use a slightly updated version of Wii64 called Not64! B-)
Here's the changelog: ;)
Features:
  • Built with devkitRice.
  • Available for Wii and GameCube.
  • SMB share support from WiiSX.
  • Reintroduce Zip file support.
  • IDE-EXI v1/v2 support.
  • AESND-powered audio.
  • Minor performance enhancements.
  • Some compatibility fixes.
  • Graphics and user interface tweaks.
  • Recognize the NTSC Zelda bonus disc.
New options:
  • ScalePitch

Changes pitch according to emulation speed.
  • VideoMode

0: Auto - 1: 480i60 - 2: 576i50 - 3: 480p60 - 4: 576p50
  • TrapFilter

Affects composite video, similar to GameCube output.
    Recommended for lower-end CRT TVs.
  • smbusername, smbpassword, smbsharename, smbipaddr

Hopefully self-explanatory.
  • rompath

Automatically load a ROM file on startup.

yeah, theres a whole topic about Not64 from a week or two ago here: http://gbatemp.net/topic/333569-not64-update/page__hl__not64__fromsearch__1 Compatibility is definitely better. I shared in that topic what games I found to be working that didn't work before.

Reactions: _47iscool

decomposition

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey!

quick
Seeing as both Wii64 and WiiSX were released a year ago and don't have very good USB support, I've recompiled them with the latest devkitPPC and libogc. USB support should be very much improved with these builds; I didn't change any of the actual code.

WiiSX-beta2.1.1.zip
[Mirror]

Wii64-beta1.1.1.zip
[Mirror]

just getting into this homebrew action. late to the party I know...
quick couple of questions

what the best rom types to use for wii64?

and having a hard time getting wiisx to play some psx iso's like wipeout xl without crash dumping.
I only have one bios file in place right now, does it need both 1 & 2? or possibly is the iso bad.
what else should I try? or is this game not supported.

and last one, should I only use these betas if my usb doesn't work at all, or would this maybe fix the crashes?

thanks!
and sorry long post

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting a stack dump trying to run this from a 5TB drive formatted as a single FAT32 volume. Fails accessing the USB drive.

Are there any options that I could change for cluster size on the drive? FWIW Not64 1.1 works fine.

lucidbarrier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow this really does read my usb drive while the official release didn't. Did anyone find a fowarder channel that worked with this release? I get a black screen on exit and have to pull the power cord. I guess it's trying to go back to the HBC.

lucidbarrier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well after trying different boot.dol files, I finally went back to the release and forwarder from the thread titled "Working wii64/wiisx Forwarders"

Then I used the meta.xml and icon.png from this thread's zip file in post #1 and put it in sd:\apps\wiisx overwriting the official stuff and it works. I don't know how it works but it does. I have 2 Wiis and they both blackscreened before and now they both return to menu and read the usb flash drive i have.

Sticksandstones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of unplugging your Wii when it's doing nothing, you can hold the power button for five seconds (ten on some models?) to do an emergency power-off that works in all circumstances. :)

JordanB500

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
instead of necroing a post from 2 years ago you could actually make your own thread also if your using wii64 you should switch to not64 ive gotten dk64 to run with a few frame drops during cutscenes without crashes or freezing and it runs in full time as if i was playing on an actual n64(except during cutscenes) if your using wiisx then idk what to tell ya there really isnt any good alternatives(wish there was a notsx) also holding down the power button on any electronic device that has a power button will shut it down everyone should already know that you dont need to tell us such useless info that we have known since electricity was invented

Last edited by JordanB500,

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some time ago I downloaded a modded version of wiiSX that allows you to use the WiiU Pro controller.
Problem is you have to set it up every single time you start the emulator no matter how many times you save a controller configuration.
Another issue this modded version of wiiSX has is assigning analog movement on the controller. Its a hit or miss with games.

Can somebody tell me if there is a workaround for automatically loading the controller configuration of choice when you boot up wiiSX?

Sticksandstones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
instead of necroing a post from 2 years ago you could actually make your own thread also if your using wii64 you should switch to not64 ive gotten dk64 to run with a few frame drops during cutscenes without crashes or freezing and it runs in full time as if i was playing on an actual n64(except during cutscenes) if your using wiisx then idk what to tell ya there really isnt any good alternatives(wish there was a notsx) also holding down the power button on any electronic device that has a power button will shut it down everyone should already know that you dont need to tell us such useless info that we have known since electricity was invented
No need to be a condescending bag of dicks. He was unplugging his console to recover from a freeze, instead of holding the power button to perform a hard-shutdown, which he was clearly unaware that he could do (or else he would've done it). It's really far from useless. Just because you might be aware of it doesn't mean everyone who isn't you is.
Some time ago I downloaded a modded version of wiiSX that allows you to use the WiiU Pro controller.
Problem is you have to set it up every single time you start the emulator no matter how many times you save a controller configuration.
Another issue this modded version of wiiSX has is assigning analog movement on the controller. Its a hit or miss with games.

Can somebody tell me if there is a workaround for automatically loading the controller configuration of choice when you boot up wiiSX?
I'm using the latest WiiSXR, and it's still that way. I've developed a habit of rebind the controls every time I want to play, and I can't even load saved controller presets, or even save my game.
As far as analog movement goes, the support boils down to the game you're running--analog sticks were introduced halfway through the PSX's lifespan, so earlier games don't acknowledge them at all.

Reactions: Maxbeta

ayy_lmao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank You Very Much wiisixtyfour

Wii64 works perfectly, amost all games run in full speed, some are laggy (FIFA 99)

unfortunately WiiSX had compatibility issues, some games run super slow (Gran Turismo) but in
Silent Hill is super fast, Harry runs like Super Sayian.

Just a question, some of my PS1 games are in Bin or IMG files, if recommendable
convert to a properly iso file?

Other Question, what is the diference between Pure Interp and Dynarec?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse