wii zelda backup slots?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by linkinworm, Jun 21, 2008.

Jun 21, 2008

wii zelda backup slots? by linkinworm at 11:09 PM (1,068 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. linkinworm
    OP

Member linkinworm GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    They wrote a special-purpose function to try to check for the exact exploit we used — specifically, if a savegame is for Zelda, it checks the length of 6 strings inside the savefile (two of which are the player name and horse name). It repeats this check for all 3 saveslots, and then another three times for all 3 backup slots.

^^ from hackmii, now how to i use the backup slots? because i dont want to delete/copy my actualy zelda save again how do i use the backup slots im confused on how that works
    thanks, o im wanting to use the 3.3 update because i have that installed , i have the homebrew channel it just in case really, but i still play zelda you see so i dont want to copy anything back and forth

thanks

2. abort_user

Newcomer abort_user Member

United States
    i think you miss understand. you posted a quote that explains how the new firmware checks all 3 save slots on your tp file for the chainloader. thats it. there arent any extra save slots. just the 3 crappy ones weve always had. personally it irks me that nintendo doesnt put more save slots on their games.

3. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    When I first read that, I thought that it was a backup of the save that you are currently playing so that if something were to happen, it would just overwrite the corrupted save.

4. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    Most games have the main slots (which you can see) and some backup slots, which are used

a) when saving, so that if you power off it has a backup
    b) if somehow you corrupted part of your save file it might have a backup...