Teclo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.backloggery.com
XP
Country
I'm just wondering which is better out of the zapper and the light gun that was made for House of the Dead Overkill, the "hand cannon". The zapper combines the nunchuck and wii remote into one shell whereas the hand cannon just holds the remote. I've heard good and bad things about both of them so I was wondering what you guys thought. Or is there another 3rd party peripheral that does a better job than either of them?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I've had a Wii Zapper and it made the games worse, even those with dedicated Wii Zapper modes.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
A lot of people hate the Wii Zapper and love the HotD Hand Cannon. That's primarely because the Wii Zapper is a strange thing that doesn't really look like a gun at all. It's also really expensive; especially in Europe (30 euros, about 45 US dollars).
I really love it. You can use both the Nunchuk and the B button on the Wii Remote. What makes it so good is that you can aim really precise. If you stretch your arms and use your left hand (or whichever is closest to you) to kind of pull the Nunchuk backwards you can hold it really still and aim fast and precise.
An obvious downside is that the face buttons of the Wii Remote (Dpad, A, -, +, 1 and 2) aren't available for use, and you can't seperately move the Nunchuk from the Wiimote either (so you can't jump by moving the Nunchuk upward without moving your cursor).

In the end, I'd go for the Wii Zapper if you want to use it only for games that specifically support it, like House of the Dead: Overkill, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 and Call of Duty: World at War. If you just want a nice cheap shell that should work with as much games as possible, you should get either the Hand Cannon or another similar gun.

Teclo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.backloggery.com
XP
Country
Well you can get the Wii Zapper for £10 in the UK (pre-owned, and that's about $17 or so) whereas the hand cannon is £12 on Amazon.co.uk. One of the games I'd play the most is Dead Space Extraction though I do also have RE Umbrella Chronicles and HotD Overkill.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...