Wii #XXXX - X-OOM: Media Center for Wii v1.9.1 (Region Free)

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
X-OOM Media Center for Wii™
The Multifaceted Entertainment Solution for your Wii™ Direct access to all your movies, videos, photos, music etc.

Fool-proof installation and navigation
Optimized for widescreen (16:9)
Access to more than 1,000 radio and TV channels
Streaming of multimedia files (audio/video)
Extensive support of media files: MP3, WMA, OGG, DivX®, Xvid, MPEG2, MPEG4, WMV, JPG, BMP etc.
Common network connection through WLAN or LAN

With X-OOM Media Center for Wii™ enjoy your favorite collections of movies, photos, and music on your TV, via your Wii™. No need to transfer them to CD, DVD or other devices. All you need is your PC, your Wii™ and a network connection.

Edit: I don't think this is a wii disc, you probally install it on the pc and then stream to the wii through the opera browser.

Tweeder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
.:.:Review:.:.

I found this product on usenet in about two minutes. It downloaded even faster. It was a small CD Image that I quickly mounted to my virtual drive and the install process popped up pretty quick. First thing I notice is that the default language is English(UK). So this product definitely hails from the UK. I set the default language to English(US) and continue the install process. Very standard install process using the usual Windows installer that every program uses. Installs in about 45 seconds. I notice during the install I see some folders being copied titled /mysql/ and /webserver/ which tells me this is going to use the methods

It then pops up a simple registration page that wants some weird info. Not sure why they care about my employment status, age, etc. I guess to get a demographic? Whatever, it's not mandatory but I submit anyway. Fake info of course.

I start up the program and notice what I expect. I need to set the folders for each type of feature. Music, Movies, Videos, Pictures. I do that no problem. Aren't movies and videos the same? Oh well. It then asks me to add my RSS feeds. No option to import from oplm file? Disappointing but no problem. I also get a chance to insert podcasts, webtv channels, and webradio channels. I don't have any so I pass that with the promise that it comes with 100 already inputed channels it shouldn't be a problem for review.

It then scans all the folders I told it to find all my media. Pretty quick. So now I have plenty of media to watch. Let's fire it up. I use the simple "Start Media Center" button, put in the code I already set and start it up.

I start it up. It happened really quick and it looks like I can preview the whole GUI on my computer. Neat. It looks very much like the PSP interface. Guess I can try it here first. I compare it to XBMC in its functionality. Pretty neat. The whole point is to do this on my Wii though. There's plenty of ways to accomplish this stuff on a PC. I want to try it on the Wii.

I did add the GBATemp RSS Feed to it when I was setting my media and it works as advertised there.

Now I guess here's my first complaint. The whole point of this software is to bring media to your Wii with ease. Now no where does it tell me what I have to do to connect using my Wii. I'm a smart guy and have done this stuff before so I'm assuming I connect to my PC's ip address with the port the software is using. Easy to figure out for some of us. But a typical buyer isn't going to know this... They should definitely throw you some help when it comes to connecting.

-MORE REVIEW COMING- -SCREENSHOTS COMING TOO-

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WelfareHero said:
I remember when something like this came out for PS2. It was pure cutting edge. It wasn't exactly the same. I assume this just uses the WiiBrowser. I'll post my full review very soon.

^who the hell is this guy?

J/K, um welcome to gbatemp.

SpongeFreak52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's web browser-based. Here are some screenies:

screenshots1.jpg

screenshots2.jpg

And here's the official product page:
http://www.x-oom.com/usa/products/mediacen...orwiiDETAIL.htm

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Want a free solution? ORB... or WinAMP... all it does is stream videos and music from your PC to your Wii via your network connection... and uses internet, not intranet... so for those on bandwith limitations, this is crap...

Retails for $39.99!

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
this is truly awful. just tried it and have now uninstalled it.

do yourself a favour and steer clear. if you are desperate for a cheap mediacenter that works well, softmod an xbox1 and install xbmc. its so good i have 3 networked around my house.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the Wii interface is PSP/Media Center-esque... but why pay $40 or install something new when WinAMP does the same thing?

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
The Dementor said:
Thought I'd a least have a play with this, but can't figure out how to connect the wii via the web browser!

go into web browser and type in the address: your ip:Port/mediacenter.php (eg. 192.168.1.105:80/mediacenter.php)

something like that, its in the help file, i have uninstalled cos even tho i got this for free i would pay someone to take it away

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning