Wii #XXXX - Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga *Scrubbed* (USA)

Hardys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok, lets play in half an hour yea?

edit: nvm, Im going now online dude ^^

edit2: opened a room or something like that.
To accept quests there needs to be somebody in there beside me ^^

edit3: send me a PM when you are ready to play. Doesnt need to be today, just say when
smile.gif

lollercoil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:
airpirate545 said:
Does this game support GC controls?

no.

also it's a decent game...

and why the crap do people care about graphics
i know it makes the game world go around... but still it's all about game play...

anyway if anyone want's to do co-op i will make a fc topic in the section of wii wi-fi. and guild QOS is one kick ass game (even through i have not play it in ages plus it screw up ciocrops some how

also i got it to work on ciocorps 3.4 system menu version 4.1 and i had to burn it twice due to a bad disk

I believe it has to do with the lack of care that went into pretty much everything in this game. It looks, sounds and plays like a budget title. People wouldn't be complaining if it didn't look like a direct PSP port, but it does and people have a legitimate reason to complain about the graphics. We would have complained about these graphics last generation, on the PS2.

For comparison. Here's Eternal Ring, a PS2 launch title from 2000.
25509-106559-eternalringimage2jpg-468x.jpg

Now here's Valhalla Knights, a second generation Wii title from 2009.
B002D2DQL8.03.lg.jpg

If Nintendo had tried to pull this bullshit, this comment section would have been in an uproar over it.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
lollercoil said:
People wouldn't be complaining if it didn't look like a direct PSP port, but it does and people have a legitimate reason to complain about the graphics. We would have complained about these graphics last generation, on the PS2.
But sir, we peoples own a WII. Remember? It's the thing you bought because you loved Nintendo games. You know they look crap, but that's not what it's about.

People who buy a Wii, didn't buy it in the hope that a game like Dead Space will come out for it. *catchphrase alert* You don't buy a Wii for THIRD party games in the FIRST place.

So in a sense, everything that third parties do for the Wii is a bonus and a gamble.

Back in the days people bought a Commodore 64 and knew the conversion would be nowhere near as "beautiful" as the original Arcade version. We accepted that.

If you demand better graphics..... well, you know what to do...... buy a better pair of glasses OFF COURSE!!!

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's all about game play peeps and i'm glad that some people agree. if your sony fucking fan and care about graphic's then why the hell your here? not all of can praiate games for other systems!! and ps3 may or may not be able to priate games... go play you damn MMO games you graphic haters you!! and personally i was hopeing a n64 grpahics game would be on the wii and my wish came true.

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lollercoil said:
I believe it has to do with the lack of care that went into pretty much everything in this game. It looks, sounds and plays like a budget title. People wouldn't be complaining if it didn't look like a direct PSP port, but it does and people have a legitimate reason to complain about the graphics. We would have complained about these graphics last generation, on the PS2.

For comparison. Here's Eternal Ring, a PS2 launch title from 2000.
25509-106559-eternalringimage2jpg-468x.jpg

Now here's Valhalla Knights, a second generation Wii title from 2009.
B002D2DQL8.03.lg.jpg

If Nintendo had tried to pull this bullshit, this comment section would have been in an uproar over it.
Not all games have to have next gen graphics.....and to be honest pretty much all the next gen titles look good and play like crap or have no customization or replay value. The only exception to the rule has been Ninja Gaiden II the rest are either knockoffs of other games with poorly executed end results or hyped games that are only fun for a day or a few days. The next gen is just sadening and the fact that ppl like you that cant see past graphics are why next gen is suffering so badly (whole package-wise) I would take a poor graphiced heavily customizable game like this one anyday over the crap thats out. As far as the sound goes I am with you on that one, this game needed a decent score and an all out phantasy star online (or even better phantasy star zero just without the find code bs..I hate that most games you need to recruit ppl online (on the internet) to find players to play with) multiplayer system and it would have been epic but as of now it is a fun game with MANY MANY replay values to it.......I dare you to name ATLEAST 3 games on either next gen console that has a decent reason to replay through the game after you beat it once (and for some to even beat once).......there arent many

Hell make the game customizable and epic enough and I wouldnt care if it had N64 graphics........just imagine how long, epic and customizable a game would be if they used the full dvd image for the data and didnt use the data hogging pixelshaders, bump mapping, high polygon count models and high res textures.

Fun factor=Gameplay then Story then Graphics then Sound......remember that

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DJPlace said:
it's all about game play peeps and i'm glad that some people agree. if your sony fucking fan and care about graphic's then why the hell your here? not all of can praiate games for other systems!! and ps3 may or may not be able to priate games... go play you damn MMO games you graphic haters you!! and personally i was hopeing a n64 grpahics game would be on the wii and my wish came true.
Well it is higher than n64 graphics but its good you can see past it not being graphicly up to par even tho I do like that it looks similar to Vagrant Story (I wish they would have done more games that had that sort of character design but oh well).....get past the graphics and it is really really fun. And I love the fact that EVERYTHING you equip shows on the character AND how you unlock other races...thats kinda cool. I also love how you negate getting hit at all if you are quick enough xD. Would love an MMO that played like this.

loony747

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I enjoy the game for what it is, a basic guild-based dungeons crawler.

However, it's pretty poor in almost every department for a Wii game.

The graphics can be compared to PSP games, and early PS2 games. It looks ridiculously muddy, although honestly, I dig the look and desgin, since it reminds me of Vagrant Story.

The sound can shuffle between nice to awful. Some sound effects are ear-shattering. Try running around in a cave. Awful.

The story is the very basic "Find the Dragonballs" deal a lot of JRPgs fall under.

Sidequests are painfully short, and seem to have no consistency. One may have you go out to slay monsters, and the pay is awful, while another may simply ask you to watch a cutscene, do nothing, and get paid for it.

The leveling system is nice, although classes are horribly balanced. The Mage is next to useless, as well as the Bard. Honestly? Get the healing abilities from the Priest, the stealing abilities from the Thief, and then pour everything else into Fighter to have an easy drive through the game. Hint: Points aren't locked, so you can level all your classes to low levels (10-20). amd pour all of that into Fighter. You'll be doing crazy damage.

Really, unless you're deep into this sort of game, don't even bother with it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a fuck ugly game, no one can deny that. But for the lack of RPG games on the Wii, let alone good ones, it's acceptable. I'll need to play it more, personally.

The game in general kinda feels like Guild Wars, although it's not similar at all.

EDIT: Played it a bit more and I'm starting to get into it. It seems very much either a love it or hate it game. Some people will like it, some people won't. The audio and visuals are bad, but who cares?

sasho123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah and since FF is going to release an Action Game, we have to have to learn to love these RPG's with "good" graphic, "great" sound and well other "cool" stuff. I'm wondering why the hell did they stop making RPG's, if you make it right you can geat a score of 8 at least. And many people will buy it.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other then major series, RPG genre is dead. Especially on Wii where its bomba after bomba. The main RPG series still sell fine (Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Tales (although tales doesnt sell as much as the old days since they make too many of them)). And good RPGs on platforms people give a crap about also still sell (Tales PS3 for example, White Knight Chronicles, etc). For the most part tho, RPGs are a bad genre these days to sell. Its better to make a game more for a worldwide audience and with guns, since thats mostly what sells these days.

Anyway, not to derail this thread, since we're discussing another shitty wii game here, yet again.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neorez said:
To those who burned this to a disc, is it safe to play online?

Yeah, it's never really unsafe to play online unless you cheat.

QUOTE(quepaso @ Oct 13 2009, 01:41 PM) Other then major series, RPG genre is dead. Especially on Wii where its bomba after bomba. The main RPG series still sell fine (Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Tales (although tales doesnt sell as much as the old days since they make too many of them)). And good RPGs on platforms people give a crap about also still sell (Tales PS3 for example, White Knight Chronicles, etc). For the most part tho, RPGs are a bad genre these days to sell. Its better to make a game more for a worldwide audience and with guns, since thats mostly what sells these days.

Anyway, not to derail this thread, since we're discussing another shitty wii game here, yet again.

A little bit of an old post, but I'll comment on this constant Wii troll. Look at his comments, you'll notice 90% of his posts about Wii threads are hatespeech.

RPG genre sells perfectly well. New RPG franchises never sell that well than established ones, that's true for most genres. Pokemon still sells millions upon millions of copies every release (it was the top selling game for the Gameboy Color and Advance), Final Fantasy is still huge, and Tales has a very strong fanbase in Japan. It's a rather common genre for handhelds nowadays.

If you wanted games "more for a worldwide audience" than they wouldn't have guns. They'd be like Wii sports.

Your last line just proves you're a Wii troll. Stick to the PS3 forums or go to another site.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or more like...