Wii #XXXX - Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga *Scrubbed* (USA)

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so its out now huh? is it any good? i dont want to waste a dvdr for this game if it wont be good. i am very low on dvdr. probably less than 20 now...

lollercoil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xshinox said:
so its out now huh? is it any good? i dont want to waste a dvdr for this game if it wont be good. i am very low on dvdr. probably less than 20 now...

I'm going to try to remain neutral (I don't like the game personally, but I will try to be objective and keep my personal opinion separate).

Visuals - Butt ugly. It looks like they took the PSP game engine, and ported it straight to the Wii. Expect PS1 quality textures and PS2 launch character models. Everything is either too muddy or heavily pixelated.

Gameplay - Decent. A bit slow in my opinion, but it could be worse. A step up from the PSP games. You have different types of classes to choose from, with a skill tree and stat point allocation.

Story - Haven't played much of it to understand it, but expect nothing extraordinary from what I heard.

Music - Meh.

Final Verdict: If you enjoy western style Role-Playing games, it's worth a DVD-R (mainly because you have no other option on the Wii, outside the mediocre Overlord game). If you don't like these type of games, stay the hell away from this one.

sasho123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They say that the Japaneese version was awfull, almost no sound, a game that had to be released on a PSP (hopefully this version will be better)

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The initial one was 1.35gb, the completely scrubbed one was approx. 986mb. It took me (2) burns to get it to work, I don't know the issue, but runs on Neogamma R6 249ISO CIOS REV14, 4.2 Update.

for Search purposes - Valhalla Knights Eldar Saga - burn again if black screen is all you get after the WII safety screen.

Wynd

grisser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it looks like PSP straight port to Wii. If it was on PSP I'd play it longer. As it is, it's painful and embarassing to play through on the Wii. Game play itself seems pretty solid though. Nothing amazing, but not bad.

The walk/run sound sounds like chopping wood. It was really weird (and hilarious)

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
psp port PASS. it's bad enough the games on the psp suck but why do they drag them onto the wii too!
tongue.gif

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
scopelenz said:
Hmm did anyone get an Error #001 on their Wii?

Nope it worked fine for me....what set up are you using? NTSC-U Wii (softmod) using rev 14 and usb loader with 002 fix on worked fine for me. Despite the graphics I am liking the game so far......

Edit: just found the WiFi option ingame...anyone playing this that wants to play together?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
psp port PASS. it's bad enough the games on the psp suck but why do they drag them onto the wii too!
tongue.gif

...It's not a port. It's a Wii-exclusive, although the graphics look kinda meh.

I may just download this. I don't have much to do anyway, and the Wii is really short on RPG games. I'm not one of those idiots who takes graphics and flair over core gameplay. Quantum was an ugly-as-fuck game for most of the time (outside of nice cutscenes) but was amazing in play.

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
Bladexdsl said:
tongue.gif

I may just download this. I don't have much to do anyway, and the Wii is really short on RPG games. I'm not one of those idiots who takes graphics and flair over core gameplay. Quantum was an ugly-as-fuck game for most of the time (outside of nice cutscenes) but was amazing in play.

Graphics only mean something to these new gamers....gaming vets KNOW that graphics mean nothing... its all about gameplay...I just wish more wii games would actually use what the Wii has to offer tho. It is a superior Ps2..yet games for it end up looking worse than games that were on the Ps2.

Anyway with that said I like it so far....the graphics remind me of Vagrant Story but those graphics werent bad....ppl just like to dis games that dont look like the Next Gen games or Mario Galaxy.....

But go ahead DOWNLOAD it I need someone to Co-oP with xD

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silkyskeeter said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Bladexdsl said:
tongue.gif

Graphics only mean something to these new gamers....gaming vets KNOW that graphics mean nothing... its all about gameplay...I just wish more wii games would actually use what the Wii has to offer tho. It is a superior Ps2..yet games for it end up looking worse than games that were on the Ps2.

Anyway with that said I like it so far....the graphics remind me of Vagrant Story but those graphics werent bad....ppl just like to dis games that dont look like the Next Gen games or Mario Galaxy.....

But go ahead DOWNLOAD it I need someone to Co-oP with xD

I'll burn it right now, thanks for the insight
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here