Wii #XXXX - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (USA)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait!! Can't wait!! I am almost sure that Skyward Sword will work on my Wii. I don't like installing stuff on my Wii unless it is really necessary. I have a very old cIOS249, I think it is rev 10 (I installed it to use with USB Loader GX when it came out)... but I have always been able to play any game I wanted using GX... recently I played the latest kirby and even the Zelda E3 demo with no issues. All I always do is set the "Error 002 fix" to "anti" and everything works fine... so I am pretty sure I'll be able to play this full version of Zelda!!! Why is this wad fix bundled with the game if people are saying that it is not necessary?

3.2U
cIOS249
USB Loader GX

As I was foreseeing, it worked! And again, I didn't have to install anything new. Just to make sure... if I was able to start the game and walk around Skyloft, does it mean that I should be fine playing it till the end. Or are there any known freezing points?

Thanks

probably. I haven't read about any freezing spots but it's too early to tell.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
after a few hours, i just want to say what i didn't like about it so far. it was slow and boring at the start (maybe because they did this is like every zelda game). also , text are SO SLOW. i don't remember it being this slow in previous zelda games! how can i speed them up? and finally, why did developers choose to completely use the motionplus and not IR pointer too. sometimes it's smoother and quicker to use the IR pointer on the wiimote. so when using the slingshot or viewing the area, the camera is controlled with motionplus and not the ir pointer. its not better than the ir pointer imo and it's slower.

still the game is good. so far its the same as other zelda games but with a new control scheme. but also a bit more cinematic this time around which i like im currently at the first dungeon. .

D

Deleted User

after a few hours, i just want to say what i didn't like about it so far. it was slow and boring at the start (maybe because they did this is like every zelda game). also , text are SO SLOW. i don't remember it being this slow in previous zelda games! how can i speed them up? and finally, why did developers choose to completely use the motionplus and not IR pointer too. sometimes it's smoother and quicker to use the IR pointer on the wiimote. so when using the slingshot or viewing the area, the camera is controlled with motionplus and not the ir pointer. its not better than the ir pointer imo and it's slower.

still the game is good. so far its the same as other zelda games but with a new control scheme. but also a bit more cinematic this time around which i like im currently at the first dungeon. .

Hold A to make text faster.

blechner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That really sucks. I haven't been following too closely on Wii U info, so I was hoping the wiimote/nunchuck was being dumped altogether. I'll still get one regardless as Nintendo is my favorite gaming company but I just wish they would go back to regular controllers only. Either that or get these motion controls down pat.

@blechner, as far as I know as long as you made it to the Motion+ tutorial then into the game then you should be fine. I haven't encountered any freezes yet but I'm not real far into the game at this point.

Thanks! Happiest day of my life! I am a Zelda fan!
By the way, I didn't have any issues with motion+ tutorial because I had already played sports resort before using the alternate dol method, so I could skip the tutorial in Zelda.

aufgreifen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PAL version torrent is up on TPB! :D

Indeed, but it is slow as hell.

Is it legit? someone can confirm?
LOL, think first before you ask. It's not been out for many hours, also the filesize is different to anything else (plus, putative wia file format) In other words, without a complete download (and yes, it's damn slow), nobody can say anything, yet. But you can rest assure, that someone will eventually verify or falsify this :)

TerryHomes

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, i stand up, used google and found this on a torrent site: [Wii] The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword [PAL][FULL][MULTI6]
Its from a piracy site we shouldn't be mentioning and the commentaries are saying this is 100% no fake. Hopefully they are right. Someone knows more informations?.

aufgreifen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The commentaries don't say anything. The one confirming it, is the uploader him/her/itself!
Wait for confirmation

or try it out yourself and tell the rest of us :)

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the uploader also has a torrent for the symphonic CD as flac.
i think he is legit.
made a new thread with all the information:
http://gbatemp.net/topic/313362-zelda-skyward-sword-pal-multi6-leaked/page__pid__3970873

Squall Leonhart

Trophies
Website
vba-m.com
XP
Country
Australia
yeah but i wonder why it woudnt work before

The way that Hard drives are setup can affect how the games work, WBFS is a wii format for games therfore its got the highest chance of working,

i still yet to play it, still downloading it taking for ever to do

not really, the quality of your loader and cIOS have an impact here, and D2X 3.1 + latest UsbLoaderGX are fine with ntfs/fat32..... only thing its missing is exfat lol.

the USB has to be plugged in the 2nd usb port (i.e closest to the bottom).

thats actually USB0 according to the controller mapping.

AVGanondorf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, how do I get this to work? I tried updating EVERY WAD... IOS245[37]-v7a5fixed to IOS251[58]-v7a5fixed, and it doesn't work. I did it with Wad Manager.

Guys, I need a STEP BY STEP process. Right now, I am on Step #1. :( Please, anyone, help!! :( :( :(

PS: It says that it can't read the Disc. :(

I am considering to go back to the drawing board. Please give me a step by step solution.

GmFreak80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I just burned Skyward Sword Ntsc on to my Blank DVD, and put the disk in my Wii, when I try to run it on Neogamma, it just sends me back to the Home Screen, can somebody please help me!!!! I'm using Neogamma IOS 249 Rev 21.

AVGanondorf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Burning from scrubbed iso's can be a gamble.

playing from a burned disk on a softmodded wii is just going to wear your wii drive out.
Is there any way of playing it on a disc? I don't have a hard drive, so USB loader won't work, a disc will work. Any step by step methods which will work on burned discs?

Reactions: 1 person

GmFreak80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Burning from scrubbed iso's can be a gamble.

playing from a burned disk on a softmodded wii is just going to wear your wii drive out.
Is there any way of playing it on a disc? I don't have a hard drive, so USB loader won't work, a disc will work. Any step by step methods which will work on burned discs?

Yes, can anyone please tell us any methods of playing Skyward Sword on a DVD using Neogamma?!!! I REALLY want to play this game, and I'm pretty sure other people would like to know the methods of using a DVD for Skyward Sword.

Please anyone?!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche