Wii #XXXX - Taiko no Tatsujin Wii (Japan)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't work on gamma sadly.
frown.gif

DeepFriedAsian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
berlinka said:
I saw one reply on this topic, I just KNEW it was Hadrian. Too bad, mate. But don't you need a little bongo set for this?
No, it can be played with a Wiimote or classic controller. What happens is that the "HAVE FUN" screen pops up, then it goes to a disc error.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeepFriedAsian said:
berlinka said:
I saw one reply on this topic, I just KNEW it was Hadrian. Too bad, mate. But don't you need a little bongo set for this?
No, it can be played with a Wiimote or classic controller. What happens is that the "HAVE FUN" screen pops up, then it goes to a disc error.
According to Orc the control isn't waving the wiimotes about, its just buttons and thus I have no interest in this game now.

I did read today that this is being released as Taiko Drum Master in the West, so I'll probably get that for the TataCon and then play this one (if it works on a loader by then) as the Japanese songs make this more fun.

A

alucard_xs

this game works great, wiibrickblocked 3.2E + wiinja deluxe.
Great game with the wiimote btw (button only)

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well i loved Taiko no Tatsujin Portable so if this is more or less the same i will love it as well.

hope for some more nice j-pop songs
biggrin.gif

knew half of the songs from portable alread XD

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked fine for Gamma, no errors. Though personally, the controls needed a little getting used to if you played the two DS versions--the Wiimote sideways, rather than halving the controller into the separate noises, they make left noises come from the left side, and right from the right. Hopefully, the Classic Controller helps.

EDIT: Oh yeah, while it may not bother some, lately I've noticed a lot of DS music games reusing tracks from other games/older versions. There's a number of reused tracks in this Wii version that were present in the DS one. Personally, this would make me cringe at what I spent my money on--though no money has yet to be spent. Waiting on if the game is good enough for a purchase.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Celice said:
EDIT: Oh yeah, while it may not bother some, lately I've noticed a lot of DS music games reusing tracks from other games/older versions. There's a number of reused tracks in this Wii version that were present in the DS one. Personally, this would make me cringe at what I spent my money on--though no money has yet to be spent. Waiting on if the game is good enough for a purchase.
Taiko no Tatsujin on always have reused tracks like Anpanman no March and Natsu Matsuri which has been always there. Surprisingly there's no KAGEKIYO or Doraemon no Uta (it has Yume wo Kanae te Doraemon, which isn't as awesome lol). If there will be another Taiko Wii however, tracks won't probably be reused.

About games using music from other games, just look at GH or RB, they put what's currently popular or has always been popular.

pieman202

Trophies
XP
Country
hmm i reckon a good idea for this would be for something like daigasso but you could use the ds as a controller maybe? o_o lol thats just my opinion

GGC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if an original copy of the game would work on US Wii (fw 3.3u, un-modded) with the latest version of gecko OS??

DeepFriedAsian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, on the Wiki it says if you change the region to PAL using RegionFrii it works with Gamma, but I still get the error message...Did I do something wrong? Like, was I supposed to use the Wii backup patcher THEN regionfrii, the other way around, or does it not matter?

Anyway, help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well i am playing the scrubbed unpatched version on my Pal Wii ... normaly with gamma it should work just fine without any change in settings at all ...

P.S. anyone completed the Dojo already ? this gets so mega hard ... i just can't go on ;( i have 3 only at silver and for that first challenge by the girl which is to beat the Mario one on hard with 350K points ... i don't even get close

DeepFriedAsian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Youkai said:
well i am playing the scrubbed unpatched version on my Pal Wii ... normaly with gamma it should work just fine without any change in settings at all ...
Dang...I guess I just have bad luck is all. Maybe I should reinstall gamma? though I'm not sure that'll do anything.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night