Wii #XXXX - Punch-Out!! *NUKED* (USA)

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So if I am on Wii Menu 4.0U why is this disc prompting me for an update? Is it cause I have updated my Wii through non-Nintendo servers in order to preserve the hackiness of my modded system?

I totally should have read first and removed the update. oh well.

EDIT: Ok now I have a different problem. The game loads with Gecko fine but as soon as I try and start the fight with Glass Joe I get a black "Disc Read Error" screen. It will play the vignette showing Joe, his baguette etc but after that it dies. I suppose it could be a bad burn but has anyone else come across this?

EDIT2: I tried installing the update on the disc but it just stalled at the end. Rebooted the Wii and now it will no longer recognize the disc from the Wii Menu. It will however load via Gecko but it fails at the same place. I have checked a couple of other discs and they recognize in the Wii Menu and play just fine. Any idea of where I have gone wrong?

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay for some weird reason when I tried to access the tutorial in the game, it just went back to the main menu after 10 seconds. Anyone know how to fix this?

genk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've tried both PAL and NTSC versions now, and end up with a black screen after choosing start in the title menu. I'm using a wiikey with the most updated firmware (I think). I've tried 3 different brands of DVD. Anyone else having this problem?

saulin

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it safe top load this with the new GeckoOS or will it still update so system menu 4.0?

As far as I know the new GeckoOS will install the needed updates from the CD????

I think the GeckoOS I have is 1.7b with the 002 error fix too. I don't know if it does the same things as the latest version.

etkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smack said:
So if I am on Wii Menu 4.0U why is this disc prompting me for an update? Is it cause I have updated my Wii through non-Nintendo servers in order to preserve the hackiness of my modded system?

I totally should have read first and removed the update. oh well.

EDIT: Ok now I have a different problem. The game loads with Gecko fine but as soon as I try and start the fight with Glass Joe I get a black "Disc Read Error" screen. It will play the vignette showing Joe, his baguette etc but after that it dies. I suppose it could be a bad burn but has anyone else come across this?

EDIT2: I tried installing the update on the disc but it just stalled at the end. Rebooted the Wii and now it will no longer recognize the disc from the Wii Menu. It will however load via Gecko but it fails at the same place. I have checked a couple of other discs and they recognize in the Wii Menu and play just fine. Any idea of where I have gone wrong?
I'm having the exact same problems.
frown.gif

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing it just fine on 3.2u. Of course i'm using usb loader so that will block the update if there is one. I had no problems at all what so ever. Great game.

yotaiji012

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am playing on 3.3U with the IOS for madworld and animal crossing installed.
I got D2C chip I run it through gecko os 1.07 because I forgot to brickblock it and it runs fine...
Played it for 2 hours yesterday.

saulin

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I tried it and it works for me as well. I have a modchip, I don't know which one. I'm booting it through the latest GeckoOS. I'm on 3.2U and I have Starfall installed and it is blocking updates. I have not tried booting it from the Disc channel though. I also have the wads requiered to play madworld installed.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is already answered, but for some reason when I try to run this from the USB Loader 1.5, the game is stuck on the first loading screen. Anyone know what's wrong?

Hiethen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed IOS wads 38, 50, 53, 55 with WAD Manager, but it still said that I needed a system update. Did I miss something?? If I can't figure it out, I'm thinking of updating by following the method 1 tutorial found at http://www.yafaze.com/wii/4.0updateguide.html. Unless someone has a better suggestion. This is for a 3.2U Wii with the 1.9s Wiikey. Thanks

saulin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hiethen said:
I installed IOS wads 38, 50, 53, 55 with WAD Manager, but it still said that I needed a system update. Did I miss something?? If I can't figure it out, I'm thinking of updating by following the method 1 tutorial found at http://www.yafaze.com/wii/4.0updateguide.html. Unless someone has a better suggestion. This is for a 3.2U Wii with the 1.9s Wiikey. Thanks

Did you try my method? I probably have the same wads as you installed and I used the latest GeckoOS 1.9.1 I believe and it loads and plays fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1