Wii #XXXX - Nights: Journey of Dreams (NUKED) (BAD DUMP) (USA)

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The game was nuked:
[ pred ] Nights_Journey_of_Dreams-USA-WII-PreCiSiON released 1d 3h 24m 19s ago [ 12.19.07 | WII | 4505.6 MB in 89F | nuked: dupe.DMZ.09.12.2007_jap.version.was.multi.language.and.works.on.USA.consoles ]

Its going to be hard to get and you really wont be able to find it as only traders might have it, still, lame nuke reason if you ask me.
Whoever nuked that is a bellend. It shouldn't be nuked unless it's a hack of the Japanese ISO or is actually a bad rip as per some discussion earlier in this thread.

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This game is crap. Very linear, hard to get into, just disappointing. Typical case of a sequel not coming anywhere close to the original.

Graphics 7/10
Sound 6/10 (Rehash)
Gameplay 4/10
Replay Value 6/10

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Forgot to add..Yuki Naka, original creator of the franchise and former Sega employee was not involved with this release.

Game seemed rushed to cash in for Christmas..It'd be foolhardy to dump this on people in January, that's for sure.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the game, always loved the Nights Saturn game.
This one has already started to grow on me a bit, but I like the origonal best.

Its a new age game in an age where arcades are neary dead in the US and taking refuge in Japan for the rest of their days.
This game is obvoiusly targeted to a family audience.
I found it very easy to play, though the good music and small score challanges, plus finally being able to raise a nightopian the right way keeps me replaying it some.

The music is the greatest part of it. Its fitting for each section and never too annoying.
You get a mixed bag of upbeat happy tunes to trance chiptune mixs to demonic boss fights tunes. All clear and smooth with no instrument taking the full center stage completly alone.

Graphics are cruddy and low polygoned up close, but they look gorgoues further away and in full motion.
Darker areas like the boss fights look amazingly nice.
Dont know why they couldnt have made the polygon count go up during the cutscenes.
Its an eyesore but its not down right horrible.
Dreamcast in feel though.
The stages look the best aswell. Try going to some areas and finding a hill as Will or Helen. Take a look around and it looks like it was almost painted on and stuck as wall paper. The overall design is outstanding. There are also slow downs and choppyness in cutscenes and gameplay but in game they seem to go away once you move away a bit. They seem to be gone when I go back to the section that did it oddly. (I think its a coding problem than just a graphics problem)

Controls, lots of options. Analog stick is best but the Wiimote pointing controls are a tad funky. Though the game says you need to stand a few feet back from the TV for it to read right, wich ends some small finicky spots. Its more fluid feeling when you get it right but really takes alot of getting used to.

The story is also way up here too.
The origonal didnt have any, but this one kinda feels like its inspired by the Golden Compass and the like.
Though those who are very anti-family will find the moral of the story rather annoying.
Though "overcoming fear" was the last one and that was also warm and fuzzy.

Online play is a weird experience in the My dream section but its kinda fun.
If you give the My dream some time to develop as you play you'll find lots of random junk filling it up and eventually some hills.
Though sadly you can barely interact with the majority of the items.
Theres a slide, TV, sandbox, and other random things, but nightopians seem more interested in how high up they can fly away from you.
They do have Santa hats, party hats, party noise makers and even cake that they play with this time of year. Wish the intro had nights with an Xmas hat though.

Overall Id say the game is for the fans and semi casual family gamers looking for something unique and a tad arcady in a way.
For hardcore gamers its well, slowed down a bit compared to the first.
There is a score and score board plus the online race mode. Tough battle mode is sadly offline. (I wish nintendo would let games receive online updates somehow.)

The game is not bad but amazing art direction makes it a more artistic piece with a few dry corners.
Its a shame they didnt delay it and fix up these corners.

I suggest any one unsure to wait till the price drop hits or atleast rent it first.
Nights fans however, I say grab it but be aware that its a new age revision of the game ya liked with a full story for once but graphics dont matter. The art direction is really supurb though. Really gives that surreal vibe sorta thing.

Oh and compare Night's voice with Reala's and you might see how they fit symbolicly compared to each other. Nights is care free, Reala is all evil like and it really shows.

Oh one more thing, the voice acting is the best Ive heard from Sega in a long time. Very surprised with this after playing Ghost squad xD. Though that is an older game after all.

RSK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wiikey, latest fw, USA Wii, latest fw, burned at 2x speed on verbatim media, burned on two different burners to be sure. 2 lockups consistent regardless:

- Will's dream, intro movie lockup
- During Will's end credits, lockup still with music playing for a little while

Many people have reported this, so I am curious to know if the people who report it working actually let will's fmv run till the and AND completed the game and was able to watch the credits to the end, because I am pretty sure this is not possible.

If this is the case this game definately deserves a proper, if we are not gonna lower the bar for the quality of upcomming releases.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
As I said, nuked, your not going to see it on newsgroups unless you are insanely lucky.

it's on usenet right now, it's a shame about lockups though, will try it anyway as i'm burning the disc right now.

Wiikey, latest fw, USA Wii, latest fw, burned at 2x speed on verbatim media, burned on two different burners to be sure. 2 lockups consistent regardless:

Many people have reported this, so I am curious to know if the people who report it working actually let will's fmv run till the and AND completed the game and was able to watch the credits to the end, because I am pretty sure this is not possible.

If this is the case this game definately deserves a proper, if we are not gonna lower the bar for the quality of upcomming releases.

strange that, i burned this game on 6x speed with ricoh japan grade B media, i experienced no freezing in the intro whatsoever.

Edit: Posts merged together. Don't double post.
lecture.gif
- Ace

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This game is great... BUT only when played with the nunchuk or the Gamecube controller. The Wii remote implementation is GOD AWFUL, its sensitivity is completely off and disappears off screen often.

The game is very reminiscent of the original and does a good job of living up to the gameplay mechanics of the original which I loved. It's very cutesy poo and the music is fantastic (but I hear a lot of re-used tracks and melodies, which is a good and bad thing).

The graphics are pretty shocking (especially during cut-scenes) but during gameplay they do a pretty good job but still there's really no excuse for such ugly graphics.

Still, it's one of the best recent Sega games I've played but it's still not up to their usual (past) standard... The game could really have done with a ton more polish (much like most of their recent titles), but I'm enjoying it enough for now
smile.gif

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
How does everyone get a lock up? I had no such lock up. If it helps, I got mine from PreCiSiON (usenet). Look for pcn-nld on the-terminal. Sorry if this info is not allowed.

jaapie18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As I said, nuked, your not going to see it on newsgroups unless you are insanely lucky.

it's on usenet right now, it's a shame about lockups though, will try it anyway as i'm burning the disc right now.

strange that, i burned this game on 6x speed with ricoh japan grade B media, i experienced no freezing in the intro whatsoever.

Edit: Posts merged together. Don't double post.
lecture.gif
- Ace

I have those freezes too are u using a wiikey with 1.9G firmware. Maybe this is an 1.9g issue.

lakritze

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hello are there any other languages on this one maybe?

Nights_Journey_of_Dreams-PAL-FRENCH-WiiLoW Was Released 1 week 1 day 2 hours

greets, happy new year

diegoesgriam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I have the same issues, burned in HP DVD-R at 4x speed, Wiikey Chip with 1.9G firmware. Freeze in the intro and credits of Will and the final video of Helen .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, JonTron's back yet again until he disappears into the void for another 6 or...