1. Tanas

Tanas GBAtemp Addict

No idea whats going on then.

2. DAZA

DAZA Shaun's Mum

for the ones that arnt working, we are all sinking fast lol, ive done some updates and im yet to see the final result

3. Tanas

Tanas GBAtemp Addict

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I noticed that James looked like David Beckham so i did a search and found this.
    [​IMG]

4. mariosonic

mariosonic GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I just removed it and put it back in on the newest Neo Gamma when it said "no disc" or something about the ID not reading.Every time i go to play it, i have to take it out and put it back in for about 3 mins,but atleast it works.

5. mariosonic

mariosonic GBAtemp Fan

United States
    And im stuck again.."FACEPALM'

http://img411.imageshack.us/f/0828101456.jpg/ Anyone remember this part in sector one,when your on a top floor or something?Right after the cutseen where everyone is at a computer.(wont spoil it for those who havent done it yet) and i looked everywhere,couldnt find out where to go.Found this door,but cant open it.What do i do?

6. DAZA

DAZA Shaun's Mum

NNOOOOO my wii is now a brick pmsl, well not quite a brick but doesnt play games anymore, Ah hell in a hand basket, if you dont know what your doing dont pimp your wii lol

7. KTroopA

KTroopA GBAtemp Advanced Fan

i was also getting the crash at the baby cry cut scene with samus in her ship. i found that my cios was still at rev14 [​IMG]. anyway i updated to rev20 and it worked fine after that. check what CIOS your on. rev14 does not support dual layer reading, i think rev17 and upwards does. i used this ISO
    [Metroid_Other_M_USA_Wii-iND ]-[01/83] - "metroid-other-m-ind, and stripped the game partion only using wii backup manager. put in on the HDD using WBFS manager 3.0. works all fine from there.

NTSC wii @ 4.0
    coverfloader latest version (1.3)

8. MetaKnightmareX

Newcomer

United States
    When it says "DVD Err(1208), Disc ID"? once you get past that you don't have to reinsert again though do you?

9. Krestent

Krestent What to post?

United States
    I got to this room which is mostly underwater with a few islands (after seeing the furry creature for the second time) and a charge beam switch. What do I do here?
    EDIT: What do I do after hitting the switch that makes the water go continuously up and down?

10. Lakerfanalways

Lakerfanalways GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Does Metroid_Other_M_PROPER_USA_WII-WiiTARD work fine? I am downloading it now and need to know if I need to put in a layer break when Im burning it..Also, do I have to add anything in my Wii in order to make this work? I am on firmware 4.0..I hear about the many issues with this game so I want to be sure this one works before I burn it

11. GameDragon

GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

United States
    Hopefully someone can help me out here. There is a missile tank in the same room as Samus' ship in the Main Sector, on a ledge a bit north. There is a door leading to that ledge, but it is locked.

Anyone know how to get there? It's that last upgrade I need, I'm on 99% >.

12. LostStefan

LostStefan Member
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    Somebody Help! I downloaded Metroid Other M form one tracker which was 4.31GB before extraction, and about 8GB after the process. I burnt the game using Imgburn on Verbatim 8.5GB DVD+R DL, also, I set the layer break to 2084960. Well, firstly I tries Hermes Uloader and the game crashed( black screen) after the language selection menu. Then, using Neogamma and Gecko OS( both latest versions) I successfully completed the tutorial. Unfortunately for me, the game crashed during the cutscene right after the tutorial( distress signal, when zooming Samus's face). I tried numerous times, and the game keeps crashing and crashing. Please, help me out. I am not good at this cios stuff, so please explain everything in detail. I am guessing that something is wrong with my cios, since Uloader failed to launch the game properly.

P.S. I have a PAL Wii 4.1E. It's also chipped.

THANKS! [​IMG]

It's the Crying baby scene, I guess. And yes, the game crashed right after the camera points to Samus! HELP ME OUT! [​IMG] I want to play this game so badly!

13. mercenary96

mercenary96 GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    which one is the crying baby scene ? for me it crashes in the video right after the control tutorial when the camera points directly to samus.

14. KTroopA

KTroopA GBAtemp Advanced Fan

yea thats the one. there is no actual baby heh. it just kinda pulled that name :/ if you get past you should see samus in her ship land somehwere

15. Krestent

Krestent What to post?

United States
    You can't say the name of that site here. Edit it out before a mod sees it.
    What cIOS rev are you using

16. LostStefan

LostStefan Member
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    I have just edited this issue, sorry, I didn't know it was not allowed. I am new to this. I don't know which cIOS I'm using, I think it was 222 on Uloader( when it froze after the language selection) and the latest neogamma and Gecko OS, if that's the question. If I answered incorrectly, how do I check the thing you asked me?

My version of the game is- [Wii]Metroid_Other_M[NTSC][MULTi3][PROPER][WiiTARD]

17. Lakerfanalways

Lakerfanalways GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I posted this on page 42 but did not get a response so I thought I'd ask it again

Does Metroid_Other_M_PROPER_USA_WII-WiiTARD work fine? I am downloading it now and need to know if I need to put in a layer break when Im burning it..Also, do I have to add anything in my Wii in order to make this work? I am on firmware 4.0..I hear about the many issues with this game so I want to be sure this one works before I burn it

Also I have a modchip as well and I believe I have the latest ISOS

18. LostStefan

LostStefan Member
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    How od I update ISOS or CIOS I don't know what's the deal. THe game crashes during the cutscene!

19. Hakoda

Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    PM me if anyone gets this properly burned on a WiiKey 2.

20. nusilver

nusilver Member
    Newcomer

United States
    This has been posted by others before, but I thought I'd throw it out there again for those having trouble. I got the game running, but it would frequently crash during cut scenes, and I had other issues, where "loading" would stay on the screen and doors wouldn't open. At the time, I was using ciosxrev20b/57/249; I tried using ios56 as well, with no luck. I was about ready to give up - I have a copy on pre-order with Amazon anyway (and I hope all of you playing this have also pre-ordered it or are planning to buy it!). Then I tried one more thing - shifting to ios222/223 - and I've been playing for hours now without issue.

Here are links to the steps I took to get this working properly (from a USB HDD):

1) Download http://cfg-loader.googlecode.com/files/cfg59a-222.dol, put it in a folder called "cfg loader" or something appropriate, inside the "apps" folder of your SD card. Don't forget to rename cfg59a-222.dol to "boot.dol"

2) Next, follow all the steps on this page: http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios236 - download and run IOS236 installer v1. When you're installing ios236, select "I have no use for pirated games," otherwise you'll go through some hassle as the coder chides you for piracy; you'll have to delete the installer from your SD card and re-install it. Again, select "I have no use for pirated games," I think it's option 2.

3) Follow all the steps here next: http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223 - it's very important you go through ALL steps 1-12 in the installation procedure section.

4) Launch the homebrew channel, run cfg loader 59a 222, and select your game from your appropriate storage device. If it tells you something about FAT partitions and no partitions found, select the WBFS partition I'm assuming you've already set up on your HDD. No further configuration is necessary.

5) Enjoy the game, and if you like it, buy it: http://www.amazon.com/Metroid-Other-M-Nint...7890&sr=8-1

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Metroid, #XXXX, (USA)