Wii #XXXX - Jawa Mammoth to Himitsu no Ishi (NUKED) (Japan)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by lagman, Jul 2, 2008.

1. lagman
    OP

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    ^^wiirelease-1161^^

2. lagman
    OP

Mexico
  3. Chanser

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    Don't tell me, nuked because it's scrubbed.

I do wonder when they're going to set the rules.

Looks like caveman safari.

4. Shuny

Member Shuny I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz

France
    It's an insult to Dack to show Scrubbed release as Nuked :/

He made a great and helpful tool and even GBATemp, which was the first forum to recieve the WiiScrubber app, doesn't accept WiiScrubber ...

5. lagman
    OP

Mexico
    As I said that time I posted all the missing Japanese scrubbed releases, we're still discussing if scrubbed releases are going to be numbered of not. In the meantime, this is better than nothing and definitely not an insult to Dack or his work.

6. laurenz

Member laurenz GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I once heard that this scrubbing method uses the same exploit as the trucha signer to build the images to their original state. If that's true, it means that once nintendo fixes it then we won't be able to use the scrubbed images. So I guess it makes sense to stamp these releases as nuked.

7. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Well no, actually [​IMG] It Trucha signes only if you change a file in the iSO. Otherwise, it just changes a lot of bytes to 00 [​IMG]

The scene it's just plainly stubborn. Scrubbed releases were ok (IIRC, they were even required to be scrubbed) in the GC scene, but not in the Wii one.

It doesn't make any sense [​IMG]

8. Devante

Member Devante Crescent fresh at best.

United States
    You guys don't understand.

It's about archival and preservation.

Scrubbed ISO's might be BETTER, but they aren't the original format.

9. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Scrubbed GC isos weren't the original format too, but still they were the standard.

10. Dack

Member Dack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I always like the analogy "It says Bovril on busses, don't mean they sell it" [​IMG] - it doesn't use the Trucha exploit unless you use the Trucha scrub option (very unlikely) or change one of the files on the disc using the 'load' feature of 1.21

Not worried about the Nuking really - the software was written because I wanted to experiment (as can be seen in the original thread where I started it). Glad that the releases are being noted though.

Hey, I spent 3 years of my life on one software project for an aircraft that was far in advance of all the other people taking part in the trial. Got an award for it, very succesful trial where it all worked without problems........and then the entire project got cancelled due to funding issues - now that is something to piss you off [​IMG]

Now if I could get the proper unscrub working I think everyone could be happy....

11. Devante

Member Devante Crescent fresh at best.

United States
    Yes!

Download a scrubbed one to save bandwidth and ratios, then unscrub it back to the original state!

12. xiaNaix

Member xiaNaix GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That's what happens when you have a "scene" run by 12 year old kids. Look at the crap that goes on in the movie "scene." A release can be nuked because you are not allowed to "proper" on quality. That should be the FIRST think you're allowed to proper on. Scene rules are lame.

13. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    Even if the scene is archaic and a little bureaucratic in nature, it beats the alternative.

14. maniacripper

Newcomer maniacripper Member

United States

I don't want to be rude but you don't have any idea what you are talking about. "Quality" is a legit reason for a proper and it happens all the time.

Scene rules are to protect the end user, and they do a damn fine job at that.
    If you took a look at look at the scene rules you'd have a better understanding of the kind of shit that would happen if the rules didn't exist.
    Furthermore, if the rules weren't doing a damn good job at keeping the crap out you'd see a lot more p2p and joe-schmoe rips of digital media floating around, but you don't. Why? Because everyone knows the stuff that adheres to scene rules is superior, which is exactly why the rules exist.

Dack sounds like a smart individual and if you're happy to download his rips, go for it. It doesn't matter if "the scene" includes his releases if people can find them and want to download them.

15. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    I think "scene rules" are a good thing. It keeps things structured and reliable, allthough I personally don't care if a certain release is proper or not. If it works for me it's fine.

16. xiaNaix

Member xiaNaix GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I think you need to check the scene rules again. You can't proper on quality without going up a level (ie CAM to TS, TS to TC, TC to DVDR). Sure, they try to do it all the time and they get NUKED.

It is also important, in this case, to note that the releases aren't really being nuked because they are scrubbed. It is because they are not labeled as being scrubbed and the scene "rules" do not have provisions for scrubbed releases. In the PS2 scene, plenty of DVD games were ripped down to CD-R and were still allowed to be released under the scene rules so I don't understand why these get nuked. The idea that only 100% pure virgin isos can be released is ridiculous, as a lot of these Japanese games would not be released otherwise and, because of these "rules," won't get the wide distribution through topsites, etc. that they deserve.

17. comtois

Newcomer comtois Advanced Member

United States
    i love how every single nuked and scrubbed japanese game comments section is filled with the same discussion/argument. these are the games that are hard to find info on and i often come here to see what people think of them, if they are worth playing, etc., but sifting through pages of the "to scrub or not to scrub" debate is getting old. can't you guys take it to the forum and leave this section for game discussion? am i wrong in thinking that's what these release threads are for? just my two cents, not trying to offend anyone.