Wii #XXXX - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (Japan)

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
So... Here it is. A little video below
smile.gif

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow.. the GFX are almost identical. Thats ridiculous, they could have saved themselves money and just made it for one console.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Banger said:
Master Mo said:
Hmm, I thought this was a wiiware titel? Now I know why everybody was wining about the gfx...

Yea since graphics make the game....

/ends fucking sarcasm

Graphics may not make a game that much more superior if you compare it in terms of gameplay.. but you gotta admit. Nintendo did a very poor job if the DS looks pretty much like what the Wii does. Like.. c'mon.. Nintendo can do better than that.

I'd take the portable version over the Wii thanks.

CharAznable

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
Banger said:
Master Mo said:
Hmm, I thought this was a wiiware titel? Now I know why everybody was wining about the gfx...

/ends fucking sarcasm

Graphics may not make a game that much more superior if you compare it in terms of gameplay.. but you gotta admit. Nintendo did a very poor job if the DS looks pretty much like what the Wii does. Like.. c'mon.. Nintendo can do better than that.

I'd take the portable version over the Wii thanks.

Because Nintendo was obviously involved with the development of a Final Fantasy title, right?

Blame Square, not Nintendo.

And if anything, this game is nothing more than a test of cross-platform online between the DS and Wii.

That being said, it still looks entertaining.

Alerek

Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
I cant wait for this...

Thats a lie though, as I plan to wait for the localized version. I need a reason to break out the DS/Wii, and since a new professor layton isn't happening for a while, theres no incentive to.

Ahh, and I have to throw in there that if you're deciding to play or not play a game and you look at graphics first, you have failed and need to find a new hobby.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They show it with a DSi... will the regular DS have the bandwith to play this?

Kinda looks like the original CC on the 'Cube, where you had to hook up a bunch of GBA's... now it's just hookin up a bunch of DS's

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Except that you don't.

And are you kidding me? Are they seriously selling THAT as a WII game? That's a DS game ported to the Wii. Admittedly, it's most likely better than like 90% of the Wii library, but still, why? I was expecting an awesome game with unique ideas and gameplay, as well as amazing graphics like the Cube version was. Not a DS-port.

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome! You can put your Mii in the game, and even port it over to DS! hahaha

And for you whiners complaining about graphics, there's a real FF title coming to Wii in a couple months, calm down. For now this is just fun for DS/Wii owners!

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
At least there are already all languages on the disc (text and sound) but i don´t know how i can activate them.
Already tried to patch the language but makes no difference at all
frown.gif

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Banger said:
Master Mo said:

/ends fucking sarcasm
No, I didn`t meant it like that, because I absolutely loved the first one on DS and I thought that a nearly identical port to WiiWare would be OK... But now I know that they just ported a DS game as a fully Wii game I think it is a little bit strange to do that. Gfx absolutely don`t make a game (if I would have thoughts similar to that I would certainly not own a Wii
tongue.gif
) but they partly show the effort put into a game and it is even worst, if it is a handheldport. This game had to be WiiWare!

I`ll stick to the DS version...

CharAznable

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Master Mo said:
Banger said:
Master Mo said:

/ends fucking sarcasm
No, I didn`t meant it like that, because I absolutely loved the first one on DS and I thought that a nearly identical port to WiiWare would be OK... But now I know that they just ported a DS game as a fully Wii game I think it is a little bit strange to do that. Gfx absolutely don`t make a game (if I would have thoughts similar to that I would certainly not own a Wii
tongue.gif
) but they partly show the effort put into a game and it is even worst, if it is a handheldport. This game had to be WiiWare!

I`ll stick to the DS version...

A WiiWare port couldn't happen. The DS ROM itself is over 100 MB. WiiWare's size limit is 40 MB.

LagunaCid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alerek said:
I cant wait for this...

Thats a lie though, as I plan to wait for the localized version. I need a reason to break out the DS/Wii, and since a new professor layton isn't happening for a while, theres no incentive to.

Ahh, and I have to throw in there that if you're deciding to play or not play a game and you look at graphics first, you have failed and need to find a new hobby.
There is, as far as I know, absolutely no reason to pick the Wii version over the DS version. I'll take DS portability over DS graphix anyday.
Oh, of course, I'll uh, 'acquire' both versions anyway. If I manage to convince another human being to play that game with me.

john25usa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
seems similar to geometry wars galxies where the graphics were nearly identical for the wii and ds versions, but this takes it one step further. i honestly cant see why the wii version has to have ds graphics to make cross console gamesply or whatever it is called possible. the polygons would have to be the same, but surely the wii version could have higher quality textures. the game seems pretty crap i think.

"Famitsu magazine gave the Wii version a 29 out of 40 and the Nintendo DS version a 30 out of 40."

source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy..._Time#Reception

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Install onionos also if you haven't already
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    It still looks dope.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Amazingly I didn't really care for the GBA
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, dragon quest 4 bored me
    Let's play.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should add a 256gb card in mine and load like 100ps1 titles to it eventually I will
    Will you play them all?
    I've only ever played Castlevania Symphony of the Night from PS1.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't play games here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I dont have one of those but gbarunner2 in twilight menu works quite decently for me
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Don't get me wrong GBA absolutely had some great games but overall the sound and graphics just meh to me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The remastered crash bandicoot was pretty decent ngl
    @Xdqwerty I had a NDS long ago, but L and R broke very fast.
    My sister had a N3DS XL and it suffered the same fate.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl the L button barely worked at all in the dsi i previously had
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    my dad bought me a dsi identical to that one
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That could be an easy fix without even opening it with some ipa maybe unless the entire button broke
    That´s why I never got any handheld before the Switch.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, thats why patches exist
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds games are best played on a DS emulation is fine but having actual hardware is better obviously
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or N3ds/2Ds
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, or most "gimmicky" consoles
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah the dual screen makes them better because that's how they were developed for
    +1
    Wii U is also great.
    For DS games.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: For DS games.