Hacking Wii working as though wiikey isn't there.

redrampager

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going off the same problem as my last topic, I fixed it at my house with the GCOS disk. Turns out I made a rookie mistake. The Region override wasn't on.
sleep.gif

Now a new problem. I fixed it at my house, and sent it home with him, he plugs it in and it doesn't read backups. at all.

Any ideas?

AeroScap

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well this happened to me recently. I had to get it sent off and have a pro clean up the points and rewire. It works now, hopefully you wont need to do the same >.

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a possibility that the WiiKey installed is fake?
I've read many topics lately that fake WiiKeys have been malfunctioning making it unable to play back up CDS anylonger, this is usually after updating the WiiKey itself, have you updated it lately? How long ago was your install? Did you update it when the Super Mario Galaxy fix was released?

There are probably a lot more topics around this forum about the same question you have, I've read a few, and none have suggested that AeroScap has. Although, he has had the problem himself, so try his suggestion, if it works, then it's all good, but if it doesn't... I'd declare your WiiKey as a fake.

How sure are you it's real?

Amadeus

Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same thing a while back.
Spent a week trying all kinds of disks and updates etc.

In the end I bit the bullet and opened it up.
You could also find out if it's a fake chip this way too.
Take a wii appart is not hard. Just get a good guide and take your time.

Looks like whoever installed my wiikey did a half assed job of it. All 3 wires had detatched from the chip.

bought a soldering iron and a toolkit and re-soldered it.

Bit nervy because it was my first time soldering but it's worked fine for 6 months now.
smile.gif

AeroScap

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah the thing was when I bought my wiikey back in the days, fakes didnt exist!! So I could rule out that possibility.

You have to keep in mind there is movement from the DVD drive and the heat aswell fromt he general running of the console + wifi action which could contribute to the problem.

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though it was genuine, no problem.
tongue.gif

And I'm guessing, along with AeroScap, that it needed cleaning up??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back