Wii wont turn on unless game is in disc drive?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by RPGMaster95, Dec 5, 2010.

1. RPGMaster95
    OP

Newcomer RPGMaster95 Member

United States
    Recently soft modded my Wii, used Mod Mii and Pimp My Wii. One program when asking if I was going to play illegal games and I said I was gave me the run around and required me to play a legit game to install it properly... Also I was using Neo to run burnt DVD's.

My problem is now my Wii has a hard time turning on. Most of the time I try to boot it up the screen goes black and the power light stays green, I have to hold down the power button for 5ish seconds to shut it off. Sometimes I can boot up by having a legit game disc in the drive, but not always. And some days it boots up just great. I got rid of Neo, i'm done with using fake games for good, but what could I do to get rid of this awful problem my wii now has?

2. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    Is the wii in standby mode? You have priiloader installed?

3. RPGMaster95
    OP

Newcomer RPGMaster95 Member

United States
    nah its not in standby mode, it's when i first try to turn it on that it does this.

and yes preloader was installed by modmii i believe.

4. ankc

Member ankc GBAtemp Regular

Mauritius
    if you followed modmii it should have told you to say you were using legal copies...i think thats where you messed up...

5. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    This is just a joke... when modmii(IOS236 installer) asks if you have a need for pirated games and you are so dumb to answer with yes, the program bitches at you and exits xD.

Just power off the Wii and start IOS236 installer again and answer with no if asked again [​IMG]

6. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Dont you have too put a retail disc in the wii and start it before you can run the app again lol

7. ankc

Member ankc GBAtemp Regular

Mauritius
    try re-hacking it again...this time choose legal copies...