Wii wont read wii discs or launch wii games in usb loader gx

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by FearItSelf23, Dec 31, 2016.

1. FearItSelf23
    OP

FearItSelf23 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    United States
    Ive been usinf my wii for gc mostly but today we stuck brawl in to play infinite melee and it doesnt recognize the disc. So I tried through usb loader gx off a hd and it just throws me back to the home menu.

I dont know what I installed or what setting I set that is blocking wii games. I have bootmii installed and priiloader, but Im thinking I must have some messed up ios or something causing this.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2. B451CW11M0DD3R

B451CW11M0DD3R GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2016
    United States
  3. FearItSelf23
    OP

FearItSelf23 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    United States
    I do have bootmii installed as boot2. I actually got it working through usbloader gx, but I still can not get wii discs to read. It says unknown format. This is like my 4th hacked wii over the years and I bought it pretty much for GC games so I guess I just forgot to install some stuff to get usbloader gx working with wii backups off the harddrive.

Now that I've fixed that I'd still like to figure out why it wont read wii discs. Is it more likely to be a software issue or the disc drive being bad? Reads GC discs fine btw.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Last edited by FearItSelf23, Jan 2, 2017
  4. B451CW11M0DD3R

B451CW11M0DD3R GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2016
    United States
    well since im still pretty new on this im guessing it has to do with hardware and the disc reader and nothing to do with the software :P