Hardware Wii wont read dvd's (chipped wii)

dat_drink_ik_op

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
My launch wii is acting up these last days
cry.gif

It wont read dvd's, it swallows them, makes noise and spits them out.
2 seconds later he will swallow the disc again and vice versa.
This is the sound the wii makes

http://www.mediafire.com/?fh1ax2hggvy

When i opend up my wii i noticed that the dvd doesnt (or cant) spin.
The only info i found on this subject was this topic where the poster seems to have the same problem as me:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=662...l=lens+spinning

I am affraid though that his solution, smacking my wii in a hispanic anger wont suffice since i'm dutch
tongue.gif

Oh, and its chipped with a wiikey so returning it to ninty is not possible.
Anybody here who can help me
cry.gif
?

Edwii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i guess i should start by asking when did this start? right after the mod? soon after? just randomly? did you movie it around alot? has it been running hot if u noticed(can happen if u have connect 24 active all the time)

1 its a long shot, but have u tryed an official wii disk like wii sports? if that works, might have something to do with cheap disks, but like i said its a long shot.

2, who did the mod? take it back and tell him its not working if u didn't do it your self? you can take it in for warranty if you simply remove the chip and make it look stock again, assuming u have the lil rubber feet the cover the screws still, even then u can probably send it in.

3. safely remove the chip and see if it works normaly again?

4. if your comfortable about takeing it apart, look for burn marks, inspect the disk drive, see if it spins, if the laser looks clean and not burned out, it could have been something as simple as solder splatter getting into the disk drive or gears and needs to be carfuly cleaned.

let me know how u make out.

dat_drink_ik_op

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The problem started about 5 months after the mod.
Desoldering the wiikey didnt do the trick, the dvd is still not spinning unfortunately.

After that i contacted the guy who did the mod for me and he offered me to take a look out at it.
So i hope it works out all fine.
Thanks for the response
biggrin.gif

desh_thiere

Trophies
XP
Country
A couple of day ago my launch D2A wii stopped reading burnt discs. Would still read originals like Wii Sports and Guitar Hero fine, but it refused to read burns.

It was also doing the same thing your was, randomly ejecting discs, and with enough force so they would actually roll out on the floor, it was kinda funny.

I took it to my local modstore and they had a look at it and told me my wiikey was shot. It was a shitty install (not done by me) and the chip itself had died in the ass. They replaced it (at my cost of course) with a new chip and all was right with the world again. No more weird ejecting issues and it reads burns again fine.

falco123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just letting you know, just because you chip it does not mean it's not returnable. I chipped mine, then it had the dreaded GPU overheat, so I had the modder take the chip out and send it to nintendo. They replaced the parts and sent it back, and here I am!

Great, now someone says the laser is prone to failing, boy like I needed anything else to be paranoid about...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: