Hacking Wii won't read DVD-r anymore

cf2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there I have had my Wii since Dec 2006, it would load gamecube backups from dvd-r fine. Then a few months ago I bricked it and had to send it to Ninty for repairs, I got it back, upgraded to 3.2, installed DVDx, MIOS patcher, gamecube backup launcher etc.. but now it won't read from dvd-r's. Is there any chance they've changed the disc drive in my Wii? Or am I just missing something I need to install, the read files from DVD option in Mplayer CE doesn't work either. USB loader and everything else I have works fine, it just seems to be a problem when I need to load something from a DVD. Any help appreciated.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You say that you sent it to ninty recently, only a few months ago?
That is bad... very bad...

I think that they've replaced your DVD Drive with one of those D3-2 Drives that can't read any DVD-Rs at all...

You'll have to open it up to find out, and if it is a D3-2, replace the drive with an older version drive.

cf2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's what I suspected tbh, I'll have a look inside soon...are the drives clearly labled with model numbers and the like?

oliverbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've a Wii from 2006, that has not been send to Ninty, but still fails to play DVD-R or DVD+R, it does sometimes.. though
Like the laser is broken, but it isn't it plays real games just fine.

I don't know why, I've 4.2 on it, and sometimes it reads DVD+R.. its just rarely.
But I live with it, since I use USB Loader, but I can't play gamecube backups.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: