OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know this isn't that important more of a luxury thing but here goes anyway. I have a wii from jan 2009. It has cioscorp 3.5, Bootmii, homebrew channel, and most ioses installed. I can use neogamma to run a backup dvd so i know its not the discs. But when i put the disc in to load from the disc channel it just keeps spinning, and when i go to launch a channel with the disc in i get a black screen. I can only launch a disc after I load neogamma. When I put in a gamecube game it reads it from the disc channel and goes to the gc backup launcher. Anyone have any ideas as to why it won't read wii games and just spins?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
personally I am not an advocate of cioscorp, although i think the more options available to us is better, so in the end I support Da_letter_A's efforts. I may test out cioscorp 3.6, which he says should be released soon --> its in his signature...

"cIOSCORP v3.6 test results so far:
So far: 151 games tested
145 Work fine! Yay!
3 need Additional Stuff I think you know which ones they are (2 are same game, different region)
2 Partially works. Well, they're the same game, just different region versions.
1 Doesn't work. It's just that stupid Wii Backup Disc ver 1.31, we've scrapped trying to support it.

cIOSCORP v3.6 isn't released yet, but v3.5 is! cIOSCORP v3.6 will be released soon...
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=188378
Enjoy!
And you can get NSMBW working with it by applying vki's nsmbxy ppf patch."

Here's a compatability list http://www.freewebs.com/dmanspokehackland/...patibility.html

looks like metroid is on their as not working, mario kart... i don't know

mafiaman1564

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I already installed 3.5 and mario kart didnt work. Like i said when i put the disc in it just keeps spinning and for some reason non of my channels launch when its in.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Dies the disc channel itself display the game's banner, or just the question mark with "Disc cannot be read"?

Mario Kart and Metroid Prime 3 should work fine.
And if you installed the WiiGator cmios, then the GC backup Launcher is supposed to show up.

Do you have Startpatch or preloader hacks enabled?
If so, check that the "Force Disc Region" hack is disabled. That hack's a nasty one.

mafiaman1564

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The disc channel itself shows the disc and it just keeps spinning it doesnt stop.. I do have priiloader but im not sure which hacks are enabled ill check that though. And gc games do launch the channel, Its just wii games. Could it be because of the ios? Im running the system menu on ios 60 and preloader has almost no hacks on exept for region free channels and move disc channel.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed it is a nasty hack...... With corp 3.5 it should support all system menu versions as well So it's not a missing IOS... Do you have preloader/priiloader installed? if you do try loading the system menu from another IOS if it still doesn't work I don't know what to tell ya.

mafiaman1564

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I know it isn't the dvd drive because it can run gamecube games off a dvd fine. I can't think of anything else that would stop it from reading them from the disc channel. Like I said they work in neogamma just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.