DOC81

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

i have been searching and reading, reading and reading and before that i have been working on a PAL virgin 4.0E wii to softmod and play backups on the drive, i have been busy the whole evening till approx. 03:30 am

ok here is what i have done so far.

Installed HBC, cIOSes (36,249,222,223,202 etc etc) Softchiploader, still no go on any dvd-r/+r (that are really working on other wii's) ok but after that i managed to downgrade all the way to 3.0E(with stops on 3.2E and 3.1E and install the the updates and cIOS 249 rev9, 10, 12, 13b, 14, all no go.

the wii i have is from the Netherlands with serial LEM10024....

What i want to try out still is, Downgrade further down to 2.2E of 2.1E and then update from PAL zelda original disk.
also another thing i still want to try out is to turn the wii upside down to see if it reads on any FW.

I haven't seen a thread like this, so please share the updates regarding softmodding and chip on D3-2 drives.......
cool.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Wii's can't be hacked to play backup disks without a modchip. They removed the dvd read commands that the original exploits were based on afaik.

You probably have one of those wiis. In that case the best you can do is use the usbloaders. And theres no point in having CIOSCORP either because it won't work properly.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DOC81 said:
PLZZZZ SOMEONE HACK THIS NEW WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

It cannot be 'hacked' to play backed up DVDs, and probably never will be. Get a USB hard drive and use a USB loader. It's a way better solution anyway.

DOC81

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What about star patch and gecko loader, to force the drive to read from IOS249 and no 2nd cycle
(- Loading games no longer requires a second disc spin-up)

source: tehskeen

if it reads original discs, why not create a code that it thinks it is reading a original but it is a dvd-r. Like they have done with the XBOX360.

AtomicTroop

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Oh please. Do you even know what you are talking about? Saying things like that almost insults the people who actually spend time cracking on these consoles.
It's not just an effort of "making a code that makes the console think that the dvd is original". The problem here is the "making a code" part. Do you even understand what the problem here is? It's like saying that anti-gravitation is possible by "making a machine that makes things lose their gravitational force".
Everyone has ideas, yet only a handful of people have the knowledge and/or skills to actually make the ideas into reality.

markongc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
as far as i read i suppose that there will be no modchip dor such wii dvd drive?

please tell me that i am wrong
biggrin.gif

hope new wiikey........

DOC81

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
on the subject, it is not to attack the developers or coders, i know exactly what they do.
compiling, make file, terminal, test, and do it over again and again, i know the hard work they do. if i learn the knowhow, which i understand, then i have no free time for my self left, i just want to point them in the right direction and maybe to just to convert the code that was used for a different console to the wii like, a saturn boot code for wii or a boot disc from dreamcast to wii, the out dated fw boot, reading code or ES to the wii drive, there is a trigger...... and that trigger can be disassembled and reassembled to synchronize with the D3-2 drive.

thats all folks

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Time Spent vs Actual Benefit = BUY A USB HDD!!!!

Its way better than having tonnes of disks knocking around, and its a project that you will see results on. Aternatively, find a wall and bang your head against it until you pass out.

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay

DOC81

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
is no one interested in hacking de d3-2 drive ????
some people are going nuts here that want to play dvd-r on the new wii with the d3-2 drive.

whats the status now on this??

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
As far as hackers/modders go, I guarantee that they will be trying to hack the D3-2. If there's one thing they like it's a challenge. Have patience my friend, and once it has been done, sure enough it will be posted here.

Buy yourself a modchip or a USB HDD if you really need to scratch that itch

D

Deleted-171178

Is there any way to check the Wii drive through serial?
I am curious to what type I have and don't want to open my Wii.

DOC81

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i have patiance but some people don't thats why i asked.
i my self have one of the first pal wii's with a clone wiikey installed, i don't mind usb hd but some people are stubborn......
just wanted to know where they stand and if they hack it will there be champagne ??? with bubbles??

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
beegee7730 said:
Is there any way to check the Wii drive through serial?
I am curious to what type I have and don't want to open my Wii.
When launching GCOS multi iso selector (gamecube homebrew) it displays the chipset version (DMS, D2-A, etc.)
Mine is "GC2-DMS/D2A drive found" (I have a DMS chipset)

I don't know if the versions were hardcoded or auto-detected.
If it's hardcoded it will not recognize the new chipsets.

DOC81

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello everybody, is there any news about patching or softmodding the drive???

please share!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over