Hardware Wii with a Monitor

Venko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

I have this monitor and a PAL Wii with only the connector cables that came with it. My understanding is that there's a specific type of cable that I can get which will allow me to use my Wii with this monitor instead of a TV but I have a few questions.

1) Will I also be able to output the sound to a set speakers?
2) If the answer to 1 is yes: What sort of speakers (with what connectors on them) do I need to buy?
3) Does the cable support PAL Gamecube games and Wiiware?
4) If the answer to 3 is no: Is there a special cable that'll allow it all to work on my monitor?

As you've no doubt worked out by now I don't know anything about video or audio input/output.

Thanks

benjamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

I do the same thing with a CRT monitor, using a vdigi vga cable.it gives me a great image. There are some problems though.

1) yes, the cable has a vga output for your screen, plus two audio channels (left and right).
2) you can plug these audio cables directly to a receiver, or you can plug some pc speakers into a little connector which is provided with the cable.
3)here's the problem. you can't output in 480i, which is what pal gamecube games and wiiware (don't know if all of it does that) do. in theory, you should be able to play ntsc gamecube games on your pal wii (using a soft of hardmod) and then press B on startup to enable 480p (a lot of ntsc gamecube games support this). however, using the latest version of softmii, i haven't been able to do that (if someone knows how to do it, please let me know). I don't know if you can enable 480p on wiiware. I do have some VC titles and i can't get them to run in 480p.
4) i'm not sure. there is no cable that can do that but there are some vga boxes (XCM 1080p VGA box,x2vga) which i never tried.I do not know if they can convert an interlaced (480i) signal to your monitor, i think the x2vga does

i hope this makes things a little bit clear...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM