Wii with 3.0E (PAL) got WiiKey installed...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Ricoboy, Sep 4, 2007.

Sep 4, 2007
  1. Ricoboy
    OP

Newcomer Ricoboy Member

Netherlands
    Well, today I installed a WiiKey, but I already had my Wii upgraded to the latest Firmware (3.0E PAL), so I have a problem starting up backups and the config disc. Now I was searching and downloading on the internet for a fix so I can run the Configuration disc (1.2) for the WiiKey, but I didn't got further then the Gamecube logo... So.. after having found alot if fixes/files to make a boot-disc to load the Config disc on 3.0 Wii's, I had no luck at all... None of them worked... I even tried those GCOS iso's, etc. Even the HEX 3.0 Disc or whatever.. Nothing is working, because every of these files are made for Wii's that updated to 3.0 AFTER the chip was installed...

What to do, what to do..

2. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda
  3. Ricoboy
    OP

Newcomer Ricoboy Member

Netherlands
    I already tried that, didn't work...

But... some other dutch guy created a FIX for my problem, it's also the GCOS Disc, but changed in some way it works on WiiKey's installed after fw 3.0E. The download can be found:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2j3yjks3xz2

Works like a charm! Just pop the DVD in, press on Boot DVD, then insert the WiiKey Config disc!

4. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda
    Good job.

And thanks for posting the link.. wish others would be as thoughtful.

5. mcdoof

Newcomer mcdoof Newbie

Australia
    Hi I Have The Wii 3.0E Pal With Wiikey Original Evrything Everyone Has Said Doesn't Work It Wont Even Read My Disc (Big Question Mark And Unable To Read Disc Sometimes Depending On What ISO Of The Config/Boot Disc I Use It Comes Up With A Black Screen Saying To Reset The Wii After Ejecting Disc Any Help Would Be Nice

6. Ricoboy
    OP

Newcomer Ricoboy Member

Netherlands
    I had the same problem, but got it solved thanks to this link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2j3yjks3xz2

1. Download BOOT Disc: http://www.mediafire.com/?2j3yjks3xz2
    2. Also download the Config Disc 1.2 for WiiKey: http://www.wiikey.cn/dl/config.1.2.rar
    3. Burn these Discs on a DVD-R/+R with 4x speed and start the BOOT Disc in your Wii, it will recognise as a GC Disc.
    4. Once started, pick for the following option -> Boot DVD.
    5. When asked eject the disc, and insert the official 1.2 Config Disc.
    6. Pick the file: xxxxx.DOL
    7. The disc will start, and you can configurate your WiiKey! Put Region Over... on Yes
    8. Save settings, and done!

7. SPiko

Newcomer SPiko Advanced Member

United States
    I haven't installed my Wiikey yet and my firmware is very old (launch unit never updated). If i install my Wiikey then update my firmware to 3.0 (to play metroid) will I be able to load the Wiikey config disc to make backups?

8. ziddey

Member ziddey GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I don't think you need to update to play metroid

metroid would update to 2.2 though

and if you're saying install wiikey then update, then why not just run the config disc before you upgrade? plus, if it's authentic wiikey, you won't need to use the disc unless you need to change options. I've never loaded it once.

Also, if you want to remain cautious (I'm thinking you do since you're still on launch firmware), just use metroid to update, and it'd only goto 2.2.

At least I recall metroid being only 2.2. Haven't tried the game myself. soemone else can chime in.

9. SPiko

Newcomer SPiko Advanced Member

United States
    The disc dumping program is on the Wiikey setup disc right? Ive read that after updating the Wii firmware the boot disc will no longer launch. I dont have a DVD-rom that will read Wii discs but I do have the memory card Sd thingy to dump the data. Will I be able to update my Wii firmware and continue to make backups with that method is what I was getting at.