Hacking Wii will not go to standby after soft modding

Segajunkie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just soft modded a wii, and it will not go into standby (red light) when pressing the power button or using the wiimote. The screen shuts off, the light stays green, and the USB hard drive continues to get power. It will go to standby if I hold down the power button for a few secopnds, but i'd like to be able to shut it down with the wiimote. I have never had this happen before, and I have probably modded 2 dozen wii consoles over the years using all the various methods that have come and gone. This mod was done using ModMii. Has anyone ever experienced this issue, and if so, does anyone know of a fix for it.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you absolutely certain it's green and not yellow? I have to ask because colourblindness exists. If you set up RiiConnect24 and enabled standby connection, the light goes yellow to show that the Wii is still occasionally going online to check for WiiConnect24 emails (that service does in fact use emails in the backend)

And yes, Standby Connection does power the USB ports - the little blinky light on my USB drive that I use for Wii games is testament to that. It also seems to output 480i video. (Even though I have that lovely 480p setup) If power consumption is an issue for you, but you use things that complain at you if you turn off Standby Connection, just get into the habit of holding the power button I guess.

Reactions: jeannotte

Segajunkie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The light is definitely green, and as far as priiloader is concerned, the only options that I enabled were block online updates, block disc updates, and move disc channel. This is mostly out of habit as there’s probably no reason to block online updates anymore. One last detail I forgot to mention about the issue is that when I press the power button, the screen goes black and the button stays green (like I mentioned above). But I have to hold the button and make it red or pull the power cord in order to power the system back on. It will not power back on when the button is green and the screen is blank.

I’ll double check the priiloader settings again when I get home later, but I’m pretty sure I only enabled those 3 things because I went through the settings when I initially noticed the problem.

Last edited by Segajunkie,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Segajunkie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I checked Priiloader again and I only had the 3 items I mentioned above enabled. In the settings everything was off except for AHBPROT IOSreload and Use System Menu IOS, those are both on. Still has the issue. I uninstalled Priiloader, still doesn't shut down, reinstalled it, still has the issue. Its such a small issue that im tempted to just say forget it and deal with it. But things like this bug me so I know I won't be able to let it go :nayps3:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

One other thing I just noticed, it shuts down \ goes to standby as expected when pressing the power button in the homebrew channel or a game. Any app for that matter. I only get this behavior when trying to shut down from the system menu.

Last edited by Segajunkie,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So I checked Priiloader again and I only had the 3 items I mentioned above enabled. In the settings everything was off except for AHBPROT IOSreload and Use System Menu IOS, those are both on. Still has the issue. I uninstalled Priiloader, still doesn't shut down, reinstalled it, still has the issue. Its such a small issue that im tempted to just say forget it and deal with it. But things like this bug me so I know I won't be able to let it go :nayps3:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

One other thing I just noticed, it shuts down \ goes to standby as expected when pressing the power button in the homebrew channel.

Hello.:)

Please try this Tool "Settings Editor GUI":
https://static.wiidatabase.de/Settings-Editor-GUI.zip

Copy "Settings Editor GUI" into "apps" on your Wii´s SD Card and the Folder "ploader on the Root of the SD Card please.

There is the Setting "Shutdown Mode".
I am pretty sure it stands on "Idle".
Please change it to "Full".

Did you use RiiConnect/Mail ?

Thank you.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

Segajunkie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried the Settings Editor GUI, and Shutdown Mode was set to FULL. Also, WiiConnect24 is turned off. And for Priiloader, I did check the settings menu, AHBPROT IOSreload and Use System Menu IOS were the only 2 things turned on, everything else was turned off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.