OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
While putting my wii back together i realized that there was a loose wire i found out that it had some how came apart from what i believe is one of the two Wifi antennas. It is the one that is positioned horizontal. Is there a reason there are 2 ? Is it needed to have both of them to work?

wolfskers89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
olliepop2000 said:
It is called a dipole antenna. Yes both are required.
Well i just hooked it up and it seems to be doing perfectly fine for both being needed... the one is completely disconnected and it is finding my internet and everything so i guess i am lucky?

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
You must have a good signal then, beware you can damage transmitters running them without a correctly tuned antenna you will probably be ok due to the low power output though. If the signal is borderline and someone else starts using a strong wifi nearby you may get problems. Good luck but i'd fix it if I were you.
edit: it could use twin dipole in a diversity setup in which case you might get away with it? the stronger signal is just used. they are for horizontal and vertical polarisation

wolfskers89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
olliepop2000 said:
You must have a good signal then, beware you can damage transmitters running them without a correctly tuned antenna you will probably be ok due to the low power output though. If the signal is borderline and someone else starts using a strong wifi nearby you may get problems. Good luck but i'd fix it if I were you.
edit: it could use twin dipole in a diversity setup in which case you might get away with it? the stronger signal is just used. they are for horizontal and vertical polarisation
I am really dumb when it comes to repairing something like that. Plus i don't know anyone who can fix and i dont trust sending it anywhere..... But thanks for the info if i find a way to fix i will. but so far i havent.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk