Wii - Widescreen...

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by MrKuenning, Nov 4, 2007.

1. MrKuenning
    OP

MrKuenning GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Alaska
    Does anyone else think that the Wii sucks at widescreen? The games look worse. But more importantly the wiimote curser is laggy...

I was playing wiiplay on the duck/balloon shooter...

I can get almost everyone of them on 4:3 but on 9:16 the remote is slow, and laggy. I thought at first it was because the tv was bigger, but since I have tried various tvs and widescreen just doesnt work well on anygame.

I play 4:3 streched on a widescreen tv and it playes much better. Its not just my Wii eigther.

I wonder how many people just think they suck at a game, and they have never tried full screen settings.

2. ridgecity

ridgecity GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 6, 2002
    Mexico
    I use a panasonic 42 plasma with the component cables and have no problems. are you outputting progressive scan?

never heard of anyone having that problem...

3. MrKuenning
    OP

MrKuenning GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Alaska
    Im not saying it doesnt work. I'm saying it works like 3x better not on widescreen.

4. Jdbye

Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Suspended
    May 10, 2006
    Norway
    Norway
    Well, my wiimote cursor isn't laggy when I sit in FRONT of the TV. I always use widescreen, and it works as it's supposed to.

5. ZeWarrior

ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Jul 2, 2007
    Brazil
    9:16? You mean 16:9 right cause thats TV Widescreen.. Monitor Widescreens are 16:10.