Wii - Widescreen...

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by MrKuenning, Nov 4, 2007.

Nov 4, 2007

Wii - Widescreen... by MrKuenning at 9:43 AM (832 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. MrKuenning
    OP

Member MrKuenning GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Does anyone else think that the Wii sucks at widescreen? The games look worse. But more importantly the wiimote curser is laggy...

I was playing wiiplay on the duck/balloon shooter...

I can get almost everyone of them on 4:3 but on 9:16 the remote is slow, and laggy. I thought at first it was because the tv was bigger, but since I have tried various tvs and widescreen just doesnt work well on anygame.

I play 4:3 streched on a widescreen tv and it playes much better. Its not just my Wii eigther.

I wonder how many people just think they suck at a game, and they have never tried full screen settings.

2. ridgecity

Member ridgecity GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    I use a panasonic 42 plasma with the component cables and have no problems. are you outputting progressive scan?

never heard of anyone having that problem...

3. MrKuenning
    OP

Member MrKuenning GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Im not saying it doesnt work. I'm saying it works like 3x better not on widescreen.

4. Jdbye

Suspended Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Well, my wiimote cursor isn't laggy when I sit in FRONT of the TV. I always use widescreen, and it works as it's supposed to.

5. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    9:16? You mean 16:9 right cause thats TV Widescreen.. Monitor Widescreens are 16:10.