Wii Wheel: Old is new again

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Arm73, Jun 30, 2008.

Jun 30, 2008

Wii Wheel: Old is new again by Arm73 at 8:34 PM (1,133 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Arm73
    OP

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    Hi,
    I recently purchased an official Wii Wheel( I never bothered with the crappy 3rd party ones),and I must say, I'm really enjoying it!
    Sometimes it is regarded as just a peace of plastic, but it makes a huge difference when playing certain games.
    Not only it provides a better grip, but it is also more comfortable to press some buttons, like 1, 2 and B.
    In fact, it reminds me of some attachment I did purchase in the past for the DSlite to give it a better grip, expecially good for bigger hands and also less cramps-inducing.
    So, here there are some games I rediscovered thanks to the Wii Wheel ( I might edit this post and add a few more):

Mario Kart Wii
    Ehmm... I know, nothing new here...

Need For Speed Carbon
    It's actually a joy to play with the wheel ( obviously ) but also it's the game that thought me how to use a wheel in the first place, as it has an animated drawing of a steering wheel on the screen that shows how much are you tilting the controller.
    Also it's really fast, so imagine going to MK after a couple of hours with NFSC ! It's really a good training !
    It's funny how I own this game practically since launch day, and I could never really get into it before just recently!

Less obvious games to play with the wheel:
    Super Monkey Ball
    I found out that by holding the wheel horizontally with both hands, it's actually much easier to tilt it in any direction, especially left to right, since in this game you are supposed to point the remote at the screen, making it less natural to make such movements.
    I suppose other games such as Dewsy adventure , Mercury meltdown and Kororinpa: Marble Maniawill benefit in equal way.

Sonic and the secret ring
    I'm actually trying it right now, but it seems work quite good too.

Excitetruck
    Will it be OK to play with the wheel even though it's meant to be played with the remote held horizontally and face up ?

Can anybody share their experiences with this great add-on and maybe recommend a few games worth checking out again ?

2. pinesal

Member pinesal GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That marble game Kapporea or something would benefit the same way as monkey ball! I gotta try this.

Also I have played Excite Truck with the Wii Wheel and it does work and plays a LOT better with the wheel.

3. Arm73
    OP

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    You mean Kororinpa: Marble Mania ?
    Sounds really good, I missed this one, gotta get it, I'm sure it's a fun and addictive game !
    I'll add it to the list......