Wii + Wavebird GCM Controller?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by unusername, Nov 21, 2006.

Nov 21, 2006
  1. unusername
    OP

Member unusername GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    it will work?

i want to buy a controller to play zelda WW in my Wii, but i'm guessing if it will work.

2. Purple@work

Newcomer Purple@work Member

United States
    it has been stated that it does..

Don't have link handy but has been posted on here somewhere

3. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    No reason it wouldn't although I think you should remove the GC controller cover to make it fit cleaner.

4. Hanafuda

Member Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I thought about doing that too (Wavebird), but I'd need at least 2 and $70 is a lot to throw down just to have something that can do what I can already do (though wired). For $6 or so I could get a couple extension cables and just used my wired controllers when playing Cube games. I have a feeling the GCN's gonna get used less and less as time passes, anyway.

I think Nintendo really should have made the Wii classic controller compatibile with GCN games. I don't understand why they had to make the controller compatibility so difficult.

5. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    The gamecube BIOS can't access any of the Wii exclusive hardware such as, wiimotes, WiFi, USB ports, etc.
    Just in the same way the GBA side of the DS can't access the DS side.
    If you wanted to add these features you would either have to re-write the BIOS (could lead to some compatibility issues) or emulate the bridge between the hardware (taking up resources).