Hacking Wii Ware Surprise

luminalace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I just got a new 16Gb SD card and just copied my old 8GB data on to it through the PC! All good but just for testing purposes I tried to play my legally aquired Wiiware collection expecting it not to work from my 16GB but everything runs first time! Can anyone explain how this is possible?
Is it because of a CIOS in my Wii? I thought legally purchased Wiiware and VC games are linked to the SD card itself and just copying from one to other won't work.

Does this mean that if I give my 8Gb card to my cousin that he will be able to play the games I paid for?

luminalace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so the signing is related to my console and not the actual SD card! This is great news because I seriously thought I was going to have to use my old card to upload each game back to the system menu and then copy them back to my new card!

Thanks for the heads up!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
sorry, what I meant was...

QUOTE said:
Does this mean that if I give my 8Gb card to my cousin that he will be able to play the games I paid for?

no, the only way to do this (ie. play the wiiware channels you paid for on another Wii) is to use bluedump, fakesigning version, to pack your games into wads. Then u can install them to any wii (and copy them to their SD card via their Wii if u like)

luminalace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:

QUOTE said:

no, the only way to do this (ie. play the wiiware channels you paid for on another Wii) is to use bluedump, fakesigning version, to pack your games into wads. Then u can install them to any wii (and copy them to their SD card via their Wii if u like)

Screw my cousin I am giving him my 8Gb SD card but he can get the games himself..lol!

I have over 80 WW/VC titles that I paid for with hard earned cash!

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XFlak said:

QUOTE said:

So having a wiiware packed with bluedump fakesign edition in an unpatched system menu IOS is the same as to have a normal packed wad in a system menu with fakesign IOS? They work either way?

I mean, packing them with BD Fakesing is an equivalent or you need to have the system menu IOS patched in either case?

I'm asking because I've heard lots of people having problems with priiloader after patching their System menu ioses so if people could skip the sys menu ios patching maybe they skip this problem (if they ever encountered with it)

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
They are 2 different things. You can't install a bluedumped wiiware wad on another wii unless u used the fakesigning version to dump it, no exceptions (unless you count triiforce).

AFAIK, a patched SM IOS's main benefit is being able to copy fakesigned wiiware to the SD card menu and play them from there (SM IOS doesn't need to be patched to play them if they are saved on the Wii Menu instead of the SD card menu)

The problem most people have with PreLoader is when they are using an older version (like 0.29 or 0.30) without a patched SM IOS they get the system files corrupt message. The solution is to upgrade to Priiloader or install a patched SM IOS. So installing a patched SM IOS is a potential solution to the problem (not the other way around).

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My mistake, I was speaking of the wiiware in sd menu specifically. But anyways your explanation covered that question as well. Thanks for your reply.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The system menu IOS doesn't need to be patched to play fakesigned titles from the SD card menu, unless the TMD has been patched for some stupid reason.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Are you sure? I've never tested it myself, but I have had numerous smart people on these forums tell me that that's the case.

I'd also like to politely ask you to change your avatar/photo of Foez... it's a little disrespectful don't you think? I don't want to start a flame war... in fact, plz don't even respond 'verbally' to this request. Either take it down, or don't, but lets not discuss it further. I hope to see your photo changed... but if not, well, I'll just have to keep my thoughts to myself.

edit: [removed]

edit2: I guess I can play nice.

luminalace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
Are you sure? I've never tested it myself, but I have had numerous smart people on these forums tell me that that's the case.

I can confirm this to be true...wont say anything further on the matter!

bugaveli said:
QUOTEScrew my cousin

theres a lot if things going on behind the scenes, but incest is still illegal and frowned upon.

Lol talk about taking things out of context! Someone here has a dirty mind and it certainly ain't me!

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
fair enough, I edited my post and bit my tongue (I'm sure Foez would want me to stay out of his battles anyways...)

edit: thx for linking to that post... I guess we were both right/wrong

QUOTE said:
I installed a standard no-patched IOS60 and you are right, I can launch Wiiware/VC from the SD card even though it was installed with WAD Manager. However homebrew channels (like forwarders) moved to the SD card didn't launch. They worked again as soon as I trucha patched IOS60 again.

luminalace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
How can u confirm its true when u only have wiiware you have purchased?

If it is true (that a patched SM IOS is not required to play pirated/fakesigned wiiware off the SD Card Menu)... then what are the real benefits of a patched system menu IOS?

I never said I only have wiiware that I purchased! I only mentioned my purchased titles because I expected to be able to copy the non-purchased ones regardless!

Hope that makes sense!!

As for your second question, I have no idea! Sometime last year I realised that my "non shop channel" WiiWare titles can be copied to SD card menu and back again without any problems!

D

Deleted_171835

Technically, it's impossible to have 8GB of data on a 16 Gb SD card.
16 gigabit (Gb) = 2 gigabyte (GB)
Sorry, Protokun7!

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh literal soulsnatcher. you and your literalness

i tried to copy a card full of wiiware/vc stuff not realizing it has to be signed to the system, and it didn't work.

triiforce is your friend. so much less complicated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/