wii wads to vwii

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by thehatergator, Dec 23, 2016.

1. thehatergator
    OP

thehatergator Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2016
    United States
    hello does anyone know if i can install game wads from wii to vwii?

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Commercial games work fine (as logically expected), with homebrews it depends but there's no risk in installing and trying (assuming you know the app you're installing won't replace a system title or bannerbrick, but this issue is unrelated to real wii vs vwii)

3. Jojse

Jojse GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2006
    I wonder if it's possible to install wii virtual console wads on WiiU (vwii) and they are stored on the sd-card? If I remember correctly that was how I had my vc-games on wii and you clicked on the little sd-icon to come to all games on sd-card.....

4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    That part is no different from a real Wii.
    You can only install to internal memory, then you can copy/move to SD and use the SD launcher.
    But to use the SD launcher with unsigned titles, you need trucha in the wii menu ios(80). I'm not sure if this can be done on Vwii but I think so!

5. Jojse

Jojse GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2006
    Ok, Thanks for your fast answer.....

6. thehatergator
    OP

thehatergator Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2016
    United States
    is it possible to convert wbfts or iso's to wads?

7. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Lol nope, even if it were possible most games wouldn't fit in (512MB - saves - wiimode system titles - other wiimode installed apps)

In the Wii days it was possible to make forwarders to an USB loader, so you would click on the full game animation on your home screen, and it would automatically start the loader and the game. Not sure if anyone ported that to the WiiU...