Wii Wad Ticket installer?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Ganiam, Jul 27, 2009.

Jul 27, 2009

Wii Wad Ticket installer? by Ganiam at 10:58 PM (2,600 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Ganiam
    OP

Newcomer Ganiam Member

Canada
    Hi, I have an SD card with pretty much all of the VC games already installed on it (well, installed them from my Wii using WAD manager, then transfered them to the SD card with the nifty 4.0 SD Card menu) and I'm wondering if there's a way to load the games on another Wii.

I know in order for the Wii to load the games, it needs to have the ticket installed, but I'd rather not reinstall all of them on another Wii. Is there such a thing as a Ticket installer, that'd go through the WAD file or whatever and just install the ticket, instead of the whole game?

2. Ganiam
    OP

Newcomer Ganiam Member

Canada
  3. Dteyn

Member Dteyn GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I'm pretty sure the content.bin files on the SD card are encrypted using your Wii's SD Key, so simply installing the tickets on another Wii likely won't work. Even with the tickets installed, the second Wii wouldn't be able to decrypt the content.bin files stored on the SD card.

I think your best bet is to re-install all the WADs on the second Wii, even though it's a major pain in the ass. At least, until someone modifies WAD Manager so that it can install WADs directly to the SD card.

4. lostdwarf

Member lostdwarf GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    maybe if somebody figured out a code/program that reads for example my wii's key (all games would be installed on this first) and is able to decrypt it and then install on any another wii using their key??

5. Mark McDonut

Member Mark McDonut GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The people who COULD help you pack that, are against anything having to do with nintendo's code (twiizers) and would tell you the same, you'd have to mess with shared folders on nand and other sketchy stuff to do what wad manager does, in addition to removing the majority of the risk as well.

Just hold off for a few days, waninkoko is working on an app to install games to sd card probably this week, don't be that guy who bricks his wii instead of waiting.

6. lostdwarf

Member lostdwarf GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom

good advice methinks.
    i was just over-thinking.