Homebrew Wii Wad file archive?

SageLeaf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, life-long gba temp lurker and Nintendo enthusiast here - looking for some help reguarding WAD files on the Wii.

Now, I probably haven't done work on/touched the thing in about six years or so but today I had the urge to install some snes classics and start playing. Unfortunately, I lost my entire wad archive awhile back (I had every single title available to NTSC at the time) swapping desktops. In the past, this wouldn't of been much of an issue - just download another copy. However, it looks like We Hack Wii and every other site imaginable are long gone, with no backups.

If possible I'm looking to get a copy of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and Kirby's Dreamland 3. I'd say the Donkey Kong Country(s) as well but I don't want to hassle people too much.

Anyone to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!
(Edit: I'm currently running 3.2U but have home brew channel, WAD Installers and all that - at least according to my menu, honestly couldn't remember)

-Love

Last edited by SageLeaf,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No links or discussion of copyrighted content allowed. They're all still available on the Wii Shop, though.

SageLeaf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already found them; for future reference you'd be better off giving someone a custom injection guide when they ask for WADs; Telling someone with custom firmware about the Wii Shop is kind of useless.

Last edited by SageLeaf,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already found them; for future reference you'd be better off giving someone a custom injection guide when they ask for WADs; Telling someone with custom firmware about the Wii Shop is kind of useless.

How is it useless? The Wii Shop doesn't use custom IOSes and works perfectly fine for purchasing the content on it still.

Injecting different ROMs in a VC title still requires a VC title that is copyrighted.

SageLeaf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to come back and argue; I asked for WADs and instead of saying "we can't distribute copyrighted content" they should have said "we can't distribute copyrighted content, but you can learn to inject here (hypothetical link)" or "using your own ROMs, learn about SNES emulation on the Wii here (hypothetical link)".

I posted in the emulation and homebrew section and judging from the very transparent nature of this forum (not to mention plethora of topics specifically about injecting WADs or using emulators) I figured it wasn't uncalled for.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then next time ask for what you want. You just seem to be coming off as an ass for a third post still. We will not tell you how to steal games.

SageLeaf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand the very basic concept that you can't distribute the actual games; I learned that from the first part of your post - the part that was informative. I'm not asking how to steal games - using your own roms, or injecting WADs is information clearly available here.
Listen all I said is you were not helpful to me - you can't tell me otherwise I'm the party directly involved. As such I'm telling you exactly what would have been helpful - I don't care if you're reading into that as an inflection of my character; I feel like there's irony somewhere in this; I'm the ass, but you're being helpful by practically telling me 'Idk lol why don't you just buy the game' in a sub-section entirely devoted to emulation.

Last edited by SageLeaf,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whatever. I'm out. The container you want to use as an emulator is copyrighted and you've now completely changed the subject of what you posted about. If you like the game then pay for it.

Dragoonhurdur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to drag up an old thread.

I'm more interested in injection of illegal Roms, because I live in PAL land, and Nintendo have no way of letting me pay for the copyrighted content I'm interested in.

Let's say, for example, NTSC 60hz, 30 f/ps VC titles, not slow, squished, bonkers PAL localised varients.

I agree that asking for wads is not the best.
I also agree that providing some helpful links, if available, with instruction on how to do it yourself, is good too.

Can this be done easily, a la VC injection for gb, gbc, nes, gba on 3DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome