Gaming Wii Vs Xbox360

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this ...Er......... tech video clear shows off the true capabilities of the Wii.

Video

The winner is clear.
rofl2.gif

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umlol.But seriously the 360 wins well for everything except homebrew.The wii wins when it comes to homebrew
biggrin.gif

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarkLG said:
Umlol.But seriously the 360 wins well for everything except homebrew.The wii wins when it comes to homebrew
biggrin.gif
I'm guessing you didn't see the video. Its just a half naked girl playing wii fit. Serious discussion not allowed in stupid topic. This is just asking for a flame war just cuz somebody found out girls are striving for attention and are finding it through youtube coupled with wii fit.

DARKSHIDARA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
none is "best" it all depends on the games it has never been about the console look back at history
all the "powerful consoles" never last long
(example: neo geo ,sega cd, jaguar,cdi got beat by super nes. sega saturn and N64 got beat by psx. dreamcast, game cube, xbox got beat by ps2
xbox 360, ps3 are getting beat by wii. game gear, wonder swan, neo geo pocket color, n gage, game park, gizmondo and many more got beat by game boy. psp got beat by ds)
its always about the games nothing more

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
Wii wins for me too.

Personally my main game playing is FPS and done on my pc ( again beats the 360 to death with its own controller) everything else i play on the WII , ive had the other 2 consoles but im not a stick pusher.

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scousethief said:
Wii wins for me too.

Personally my main game playing is FPS and done on my pc ( again beats the 360 to death with its own controller) everything else i play on the WII , ive had the other 2 consoles but im not a stick pusher.
I will have to second this, I mean how the hell do you play a FPS without a mouse and keyboard anyway. I bet those getting high frags on the XBOX live have a keyboard and mouse adapter of some sort.

Can you use a keyboard and mouse with a 360?
blink.gif

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
The 360 has only recently gone below the price of the wii over here , the 360 is around a year older in sales than the Wii so would have to compare next years or last years prices to be fair in which case the wii would be cheaper.

Totally agree better graphics on the 360

agree again but is included with the above bit as they come together no point having just one.

Wii can be softmoded very easily now making homebrew and playing your backups easy and virtually cost free (sdcard is needed).

All the consoles have their pros and cons , personally ive had all 3 and the other 2 are gone , I use my pc for the games i like to play and the wii for playing with the family , i get high quality graphics on the pc and decent multiplayer fun with the wii , its win win for me . Its horses for courses but the Wii and a Pc suit us rather than a Wii another console and a pc which pretty much do the samething.

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
scousethief said:
Wii wins for me too.

You should buy The Conduit now that the controls for FPS games have been nailed down. Closest thing you'll get to a mouse and keyboard control on a console. It's a great game too.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, hardware wise, the Xbox 360 mops the floor with the Wii. Well, most systems do.

Otherwise, it's preference. If you want hardcore first person shooter games, you go for a Xbox. If you want platformers and Nintendo games, you go for the Wii. If you want a cheap Bluray player and lousy games, you buy a PS3.

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here we go,
This is what you need for 360 FPS, XPFS adapter, only problem is it costs £50

XFPS%20360.jpg

This should allow precision aiming and movment, I feel like I am drunk when trying to aim with a 360 controller.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lol 360 is waaaaaaaaay better than wii. no comparison.

Mantis41 said:
Here we go,
This is what you need for 360 FPS, XPFS adapter, only problem is it costs £50

XFPS%20360.jpg

This should allow precision aiming and movment, I feel like I am drunk when trying to aim with a 360 controller.

wtf? seriously? this seems pretty unfair lol. mouse/keyboard is SO much easier to use than controllers. time for some halo 3 rapage :3

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
personally i prefer the wii, and although many critisize it as a console, many of there problems with it are irrelavent as most of them are not faults with the console but the games on the system.

companies just need to take a proper look at the wii and realize just how powerful it is.

Xta Large

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
If you want a cheap Bluray player and lousy games, you buy a PS3.
Hahaha, that's not cool, you been living under a rock these last two years or something? The PS3 has plenty of great games now, bro. Oh, and, at this point, considering the variety each console boasts, it's not fair to say 'Oh, if you want platformers, go for the Wii' or 'if you want shooters, go for the 360'. The 360 has much more going for it than simply shooter games, and the Wii has plenty of good games that aren't platformers.

Anywhos, I think the 360 beats out the Wii, in just about every facet (except for hackability, haha!). It's just one cool system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them