Wii Virtual games to be $1 or $2 each

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Scorpin200, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2006
  1. Scorpin200
    OP

Banned Scorpin200 Iceman

United States
    Well no real prices have been announced yet, but nec might price their games at that point making it perfect. I think alot of these games should be no more than $5 at the most, cause you can own the actual thing for around the same price.

P.S forget the games just bring on all the old stuff back when nec was king [​IMG]

2. teh_raf3

Member teh_raf3 Whatever suits you

Belgium

3. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    Here Here!

I want my Devil's/Alien Crush Pinball & Slaughterhouse!

4. Scorpin200
    OP

Banned Scorpin200 Iceman

United States
    The thing that ticks me off is that nintendo didn't even care to put in multi player into the old games just so they can be exactly the same as the real thing? This is crap many people want these games so you can actually make use of them by getting to finally play people around the world, and at the same time adding more value to 20 year old games at the same time. I hope nec doesn't do this crap i would really like to play military madness against someone other than that lame cpu for once, and what happened to the super cd games support the promised?

P.S $10 for a 10 year old game is no bargain

5. Akoji

Member Akoji +5 internets to psyfira for avatar.

Canada
    yes it is , i saw some games on the Snes list around 25$ even more , for rare games , yes the virtual console is a bargain , only for rare games.

6. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    To expect added features (such as online LAN multiplayer) in your NES/SNES etc games is a little much. They are simply being emulated, not re-written or ported. It's a taste of the old classics and a veritable cash cow for Nintendo since it's free money for them at this point. If you don't like the old classics the way they were, don't buy them - or do what everyone else does - download them and play them via your modded Xbox.

I agree the prices are slightly high, (especially if the catalogue expands to actually include a fair variety of games PEOPLE ACTUALLY WANT TO PLAY) but hopefully in the future we'll see deals - buy such and such Wii game, get the VC game for free, or sales, etc etc. All hope is not yet lost!

7. HugeCock

Member HugeCock Oh My....

United States
    Doesn't XBox Live (360) Have games like Street Fighter and Doom that's multiplayer across the world? If Xbox is doing it....Nintendo really needs to follow suite....I mean I don't have time to play current gen let alone go retro but I was interested in buying Street Fighter for my 360 just to fight people across the world....Games like Contra would kick ass with multiplayer support

8. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I am quite peed off with the pricing, especially as you can get a really good Sega compilation for PSP and PS2 for $20, not only do you get over 20 games, but they have options to play with improved visuals and not just simple emulated as they were like the Wii version, which will suck like hell over in the PAL regions.

I know some Vitual Console games will be improved but I hope more will.

9. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    Yeah..but they're re-written & upgraded, not simply emulated as Nintendo was able to get away with. This way, Nintendo does minimal work, and literally takes 100% profit. That's the Nintendo we all know and love, the one that re-releases the same game 20 times to make a quick buck..and that's the Nintendo faithful we all are, because we'll suck it up every time.

10. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    Do you say the same kind of crap when talking about music/movies/books ?

11. Scorpin200
    OP

Banned Scorpin200 Iceman

United States
    You can look anywhere for that info, and the games are worthless without a online component. You can go waste money on outdated emulation and make nintendo richer, but 'll pass cause i have all of those things right here some with some not so good online play with options for improving the graphics. Nintendo does need to follow suit it would be perfect if you can play game that you wished were online like the ds, and that would give them new sales for old games....what could be better?

P.S why is it when someone makes a topic somebody has to have something to say? The pricing is unacceptable i'd rather the real thing instead...that is till somebody adds multiplayer that nintendo was too lazy to do [​IMG] it will happen heh.

12. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    So instead of providing any sources, you keep spouting the same trollish bullshit.

Just noticing.

13. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    Dude stop trolling and go hide under a rock. You are demanding too damn much. They are called CLASSIC games for a reason, meaning unaltered. Sure, we all want Goldeneye or PD online but be realistic.....it aint gonna happen!

14. Scorpin200
    OP

Banned Scorpin200 Iceman

United States
    No that's called opinion as im free to post what i want just like anyone else on here, and i have no idea what your talking about. Just cause people have an interest in the topic there is no reason to get jealous, and you free to make you own topic as well. Super cd's are the first cd based games before pxs an all the rest of em, and was made by nec of japan. [​IMG]

P.S I hope someone adds an online hack soon though [​IMG] here is hoping.

15. 754boy

United States

Lol, I laugh in your face. Post on, I have made my point and have grown weary of your antics [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Scorpin200
    OP

Banned Scorpin200 Iceman

United States
    Well im sure the $1 tg16 games might be true, but nintendo will charge more than that for their emulation of course. Japan seem to be getting all the ones people actually want so your right about that hadrian heh now where have i heard that name from [​IMG]. Since nec was the top system at the time i guess they will be doing different things with their emulation, and i wouldn't mind paying a few dollars for their games like, blazing lazers, dungeon explorer, etc. [​IMG]

P.S it's strange though like dragons lair the tg16 cd's were ahead of it's time even today nothing can touch the sound that it had...ahh 80's [​IMG]

17. Renegade_R

Member Renegade_R Audio/Video Expert

Canada
    Corporations don't love cheapskates...just because you think your $1 or $2 can get you enhanced graphics, online play and breakfast in bed, doesn't mean these companies are going to make a profit either.

I think you should troll on EA Games.

18. Scorpin200
    OP

Banned Scorpin200 Iceman

United States
    What's wrong with some of the people on here? this is a message board made for posting messages, and for some reason people have a problem with what someone wants to post. [​IMG]

P.S i dont like ea or people that use words that don't mean anything for that matter

19. 754boy

United States
    We are generally a nice group......but when someone comeone complaining and demanding unreasonable stuff then it can get rather heated, QUICKLY!!!

20. Scorpin200
    OP

Banned Scorpin200 Iceman

United States
    I made this topic to talk about something which has nothing to do with you personally, and you don't work for nintendo so if i was demanding anything it would be pointless talking to you anyway. It's just sad that some people have nothing better to do with their life, but hassle others when everyone on here has the right to post what they feel. I didn't make up the topic it obviously came from somewhere, and if it's true good i can't see how that falls under demanding as if you actually speaking for everyone on this forum.

P.S Nobody is forcing anyone else to on under ever topic made and respond to it, so if you don't like the topic then don't read it. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.